This Mediterranean Chicken Recipe is a great meal that comes together in 30 minutes and is a great way to switch things up! Serve over rice.
Guys, this delicious Mediterranean Chicken Recipe is so good!
I have been meaning to post this recipe for a while now, but I kept forgetting. It wasn’t until today that I found all these photos that I took a few weeks ago for this recipe. So, without further ado, I give you a delicious and healthy dinner that I call simply Mediterranean Chicken & Rice.
I don’t remember this dish as vividly as other ones because it’s been a while, but my husband certainly does. He scarfed this one down and then took the leftovers to work the next day for lunch. Mediterranean cuisine is very different from our go-to day in and day out meals. We usually go for Southwest and Italian. I wanted a change from the ‘norm’ and this was the ticket! The kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon juice were just delicious together and made a great addition to the sauce. I like acidity, so I squirted in lots more lemon juice. The fresh parsley was a nice touch to round out the dish. All in all, a fabulous meal that came together in about 30 minutes. A great summer meal and a great way to switch things up!
*I didn’t have any artichoke hearts on hand to toss in, but they would be a perfect addition. (I actually meant to pick some up from the store and completely overlooked it, even though it was on my list! How crazy am I?)
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced in half or pounded out and cut in two--you want 4 cutlets
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil & herbs chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or white wine
- splash cream 1/4-1/2 cup
- fresh parsley
- more salt and pepper to taste
- cooked white rice
- In a large skillet, preheat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir salt and pepper into flour. Coat chicken in flour and cook in hot oil until browned but not necessarily cooked. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Pour in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in the same pan and reduce heat to medium. Saute onions, garlic, green pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes until onions have softened, 5 minutes. Stir in olives, bay leaf, oregano, lemon juice, and white wine or stock.
- Place chicken breasts back into the pan. Cover and cook 5-10 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in cream, parsley, and more salt and pepper. Serve over warm rice with lemon slices.