This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Mediterranean Chicken Recipe is a great meal that comes together in 30 minutes and is a great way to switch things up! Serve over rice.
Guys, this delicious Mediterranean Chicken Recipe is so good!
I have been meaning to post this recipe for a while now, but I kept forgetting. It wasn’t until today that I found all these photos that I took a few weeks ago for this recipe. So, without further ado, I give you a delicious and healthy dinner that I call simply Mediterranean Chicken & Rice.
I don’t remember this dish as vividly as other ones because it’s been a while, but my husband certainly does. He scarfed this one down and then took the leftovers to work the next day for lunch. Mediterranean cuisine is very different from our go-to day in and day out meals. We usually go for Southwest and Italian. I wanted a change from the ‘norm’ and this was the ticket! The kalamata olives, sun dried tomatoes, and lemon juice were just delicious together and made a great addition to the sauce. I like acidity, so I squirted in lots more lemon juice. The fresh parsley was a nice touch to round out the dish. All in all, a fabulous meal that came together in about 30 minutes. A great summer meal and a great way to switch things up!
*I didn’t have any artichoke hearts on hand to toss in, but they would be a perfect addition. (I actually meant to pick some up from the store and completely overlooked it, even though it was on my list! How crazy am I?)
Mediterranean Chicken Recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 2 large chicken breasts sliced in half or pounded out and cut in two--you want 4 cutlets
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 small onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil & herbs chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- lemon juice to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or white wine
- splash cream 1/4-1/2 cup
- fresh parsley
- more salt and pepper to taste
- cooked white rice
- In a large skillet, preheat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir salt and pepper into flour. Coat chicken in flour and cook in hot oil until browned but not necessarily cooked. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Pour in remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in the same pan and reduce heat to medium. Saute onions, garlic, green pepper, and sun-dried tomatoes until onions have softened, 5 minutes. Stir in olives, bay leaf, oregano, lemon juice, and white wine or stock.
- Place chicken breasts back into the pan. Cover and cook 5-10 minutes. Reduce heat and stir in cream, parsley, and more salt and pepper. Serve over warm rice with lemon slices.
other recipes you might like:
Easy Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs
Crockpot BBQ Chicken Wings Recipe
[…] Mediterranean Chicken & Rice […]
[…] Chickpea Burgers Dal Makhani Meatballs and Banza Pasta Make your Own Pizza Loaded Nachos Mediterranean Chicken Smoothies & Salad Greek-ish Platter – cucumbers, peppers, carrots olives, feta cheese, […]
Sounds really good to me. Thank you.
[…] Directions:In a large skillet, preheat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Stir salt and pepper into flour (about 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper, or to taste). Coat chicken in flour and cook in hot oil until browned on both sides (doesn’t have to be completely cooked through). Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Using the same skillet, turn heat down to medium and add additional 2 tablespoons olive oil and saute onion, pepper, garlic, and sun dried tomatoes for about 5 minutes, or until onions are soft and golden. Add bay leaf, oregano, lemon juice, and chicken stock or white wine. Add chicken back in and cover and cook for 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in cream, parsley, and more salt and pepper. Serve over warm couscous. (Adapted from this recipe.) […]