This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Four ingredients + 30 minutes in the oven = the easiest Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner ever! This is a healthy, 1-pan recipe that the whole family will love. Use any kind of sausage, switch up the veggies and make this your own so your family will love it! So delicious paired with Dinner Rolls or Garlic and Herb Pull-Apart Biscuits.
A Healthy Sausage and Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner!
I am so excited to be sharing this recipe with you today! I have shared it again and again on my Instagram stories because it’s one of my go-to meals and I make it weekly however, I just never thought to write the recipe out because it was *so* basic. But after getting enough messages about it, here it is in all her glory. The humble Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner! Delicious with just about any extra veggies you have and any kind of sausage too. Heck, chicken works just as well, too! The possibilities are endless and I’m positive your family will love it as much as my family does.
Main Ingredients Needed
Using only 4 ingredients (plus S+P) yields such delectable results! Here’s the breakdown of everything you’ll need for your sheet pan dinner:
- Chicken Sausage – I used Aidells Pineapple & Bacon Chicken Sausage for this recipe because it’s always on sale at Costco, which I highly recommend. But feel free to use a different kind of sausage you’d prefer.
- Sweet Potatoes + Broccoli – these were the two veggies I had on hand when I happened to make this particular sheet pan dinner, but any veggies will work! See my notes below on the variations.
- Olive Oil – this helps everything roast evenly.
- Salt + Pepper – obviously, you want to season those veggies. Salt is necessary, pepper is optional.
How to Make a Sheet Pan Dinner | Directions
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper. You absolutely do not have to use parchment paper, but I like less dishes. Totally optional. Also, do your best to use light colored half sheet pans with taller sides. I have these USA Pans Half Sheet Pans and highly recommend them.
Wash your veggies then dice the sweet potato and cut the broccoli into florets. The smaller your cut your veggies, the quicker they will bake. Cut your sausages into large chunks. I typically make 5 cuts in each sausage to get 6 pieces per sausage.
Step 2: Toss Veggies + Sausage in Olive Oil
Place all ingredients onto prepared baking sheets then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat everything evenly in the oil.
Before baking, make sure that the ingredients are in a single layer on the baking sheet, to ensure even cooking.
Step 3: Roast
Transfer your sheet pan to the oven and bake 30-40 minutes, tossing halfway through. Since the sausages are fully cooked, you’re just looking to get them beautifully roasted. The veggies will take some time to roast, but because the oven temperature is on the higher side, they should roast quickly, as long as that sweet potato is cut relatively small.
While that is baking you could whip up a quick side dish such as my Famous Butter Rice, Garlic Mashed Potatoes, or Mediterranean Quinoa Salad.
Dinner is ready when veggies are soft and sausages are roasted.
Make This Your Own! | Variations
There are so many possibilities for this quick and easy dinner. If you haven’t tried any kind of Sheet Pan Dinner, get ready to live! Once you get the hang of the method, you can start experimenting with these other possibilities:
Feel free to substitute the Pineapple Bacon Chicken Sausage with any of these other tasty options. Keep in mind that a lot of the flavor for this dinner comes from the sausages, so if you want to use chicken, I’d recommend also adding some extra seasonings.
- Smoked Sausage or Polish Sausage
- Chicken Apple Sausage
- Sweet Italian Sausages (if you’re using raw Italian Sausages, prick each sausage with a fork several times and keep them whole for roasting…it’ll be much easier to cut into pieces once they’re fully cooked.)
- Chicken Legs or Chicken Thighs
The sky is nearly the limit when it comes to what you can and can’t use for this recipe. You can basically use just about any veggie! Here are some of my favorites. Remember: the harder the vegetable, the smaller you’ll want to cut it so it cooks in 30-40 minutes.
- Sweet Potatoes or Idaho Potatoes
- Butternut Squash
- Zucchini or Yellow Squash
- Corn on the Cob (I like breaking my larger cobs into 3, so they are smaller on the sheet pan.)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Green Beans
- Red Onion
- Broccoli or Cauliflower
If you’re using some tasty sausages for your Sheet Pan Dinner, the only seasonings you’ll need are salt and pepper. But if you want to add a little extra flavor OR if you substitute the sausage for chicken, you’ll definitely want to try some of these seasonings to add some flavor:
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic or Onion Powder
- Poultry Seasoning
- Cajun Seasoning
- Herbs du Provence
- Rosemary and/or Thyme (fresh or dried)
Pro Tips for Sheet Pan Dinners
- Use a large sheet pan or use two! This prevents steaming and ensures proper roasting.
- Line your pan(s) with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleanup.
- Chop/slice everything pretty evenly so that everything cooks at the same rate.
More Healthy Dinners for your Family!
- Healthy Egg Salad
- Turkey Salisbury Steak
- Veggie Filled Sloppy Joes
- Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Skinny Baked Spaghetti
- Garlic Chicken & Kale Spaghetti
I promise your family is going to love this sheet pan dinner just as much as mine did, especially if you decide to customize it for them! YUM!
The printable recipe card is below, enjoy and have a good day 🙂
Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner
- 5 chicken apple sausages
- 1 head broccoli
- 1 sweet potato diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut apple sausages into large chunks, 5-6 pieces per sausage. Cut broccoli into florets. Cut sweet potato into a 1/2 inch dice. Place all ingredients onto prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle sausages and veggies with olive oil, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Spread all ingredients out in an even single layer across the half sheet pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes, tossing everything half way through cooking. Dinner is done when veggies and sausages are browned and roasted.
Love this sheet pan recipe! We’ve done it with smoked sausage, peppers and big slices of sweet onion 😋 thanks!
Everyone loved it! I used pineapple and bacon chicken sausage too; potatoes, sweet potatoes, and Brussels sprouts.
Made this tonight for dinner and it was delicious! I used potatoes, onions and zucchini along with the sausage. Salt and pepper were the only seasonings I used and it turned out perfect. I also made the butter rice and it came out moist and very flavorful. Thank you for sharing such great recipes! ~Kristi
Wow this looks delicious and SOOoo easy! Gonna do it. It will please everyone.
I will make this tonight, love it.