This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Sesame Butternut Squash Noodles are super simple and extremely healthy! Pan fried noodles with onion, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil.
Let’s talk about these Pan Fried Butternut Squash Noodles!
I never thought I’d join the vegetable noodle train because I love real pasta with the passion of 1000 suns, but here we are! I was convinced. Mostly because my grocery store has started selling spiralized vegetables all over the place. Zucchini, yellow squash, sweet potato, butternut squash, etc etc. all available, ready to use at my grocery store. Convenient, yes, but also it made me realize that if I were able to make a sauce that made them taste good then maybe, just maybe, I could fool my kids into eating forkfuls of squash willingly.
And thus, the deception began.
I started by purchasing said noodles and hiding them in the fridge. If they saw that packaging, GAME OVER.
Once I got the older two to school, I was able to figure out and test this recipe that you see before you. A sweet, sesame, colorful pan of ‘noodles’ that could turn even my picky children into believers. Except my 8-year-old tried them and said “Why are these different? Why are these weird?” She ate them, but did think they were weird. My four-year-old was more concerned there was cilantro “everywhere” and my little 20 month old could have cared less. He had two helpings. He’s an awful sleeper, but will eat anything I put in front of him.
I thought they were really good, especially with extra peanuts. So so good and easy!
I kept this recipe vegetarian, but you could definitely add some ground chicken or beef. Actually, that might make it taste even better. I love meat.
Overall, this was done and ready to eat in 10 minutes. Buying the noodles already sprialized was super helpful and made my life so so easy! Of course, you could just get your own spiralizer and do it yourself! It’s really quite simple to do, just takes an extra 5 to 10 minutes.
A super-simple, extremely healthy (and tasty!) meal for your Friday.
Be sure to scroll down to grab the printable recipe and try this out soon!
Have a great weekend, friends!!
Pan Fried Sesame Butternut Squash Noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and julienned
- 12 oz. butternut squash noodles spiralized
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium to medium-high heat. Saute onion 2 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add in red bell pepper, butternut squash noodles and, a little salt and pepper. Continually stir for the first minute to coat with residual oil in the pan. Cook another two minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- While squash noodles cook, whisk ingredients for sauce together in a small bowl.
- Pour sauce over noodles in the hot pan and stir to coat noodles in the sauce as it begins to thicken. Continue cooking until butternut squash noodles are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with scallions, cilantro, and peanuts. Serve immediately.