This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cauliflower Fried Rice is a healthy, clean take on the original fried rice recipe that comes together in 10 minutes and tastes amazing!
Today I’m finally getting around to sharing this amazing and delicious Chicken Fried Rice recipe, but made with a little bit of brown rice and a lot of cauliflower ‘rice’. (Cauliflower rice is just grated or finely chopped cauliflower that looks like rice.) It’s a great trick to reduce the number of carbs and increase the veggie servings. I have made this for a quick lunch or dinner and my husband (and kids!) gobble this up no problem. It’s quite similar to my Guilt-Free Fried Rice, but with even less guilt because we’re using less brown rice and substituting the cauliflower, as well as adding in shredded chicken for some extra protein.
In my Lauren’s Latest Facebook Community Page, a lot of people have been posting recipes, recipe ideas and cooking tips and it’s where I got the idea for this lovely recipe. Brad Huntsman (hi Brad!) posted this recipe idea and I couldn’t get it out of my mind, so I started testing it last week and loved it so much that I thought I’d share!
Not only is this a super fast recipe, but it’s really quite healthy too (if you overlook all the bacon…haha!) Lots of cauliflower, mixed veggies, eggs and chicken, flavored with ginger, garlic, onion, soy sauce and sesame oil. I also have started using frozen cauliflower rice instead of making my own to save time. If you can catch the frozen cauli rice on sale, it ends up being cheaper than making it yourself, so be on the lookout for that. Also, I love love love having frozen or precooked brown rice on hand! Not a money saver, but it does allow me to throw dinner on the table in a snap. (Learn how to make your own frozen brown rice here.)
Be sure to scroll down for the printable recipe and try this recipe out this week! And don’t forget, if you make a recipe of mine, you can share it on Instagram with the #laurenslatest hashtag OR share on my new Facebook Community Page.
Have a great day, friends!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion finely diced
- 5 slices pre-cooked bacon preferred brand: Kirkland Signature
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 8 oz pre-cooked brown rice preferred brand: Uncle Ben's
- 10 oz frozen riced cauliflower
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 pre-cooked small chicken breast shredded*
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce more or less to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- Place a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Saute onion and bacon 2 minutes or until onions start becoming tender. Add in garlic and stir until fragrant; about 30 seconds.
- Pour in brown rice, frozen cauliflower rice, frozen mixed vegetables and shredded chicken. Increase heat to high and stir fry until completely warmed through. Reduce heat to medium.
- Push rice mixture to one side of the pan and scramble the eggs on the empty side of the pan. Once they are scrambled to your liking, stir into the rice and toss with soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and green onion. Stir briefly and serve hot.