This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You don’t need to go out for pizza, because your family will love this amazing homemade Spicy Pancetta Pizza recipe. Topped with rosemary!
Pancetta Pizza | The Best Leftovers
I made this Pancetta Pizza and thoroughly enjoyed my greasy, spicy, salty, cheesy, amazing, glorious slice, and put the rest in the fridge. Then the damn thing was calling to me. But then remembered I have willpower and put it back in the fridge. Let this be a lesson to you: Don’t be like me. Make this pizza and eat every slice while it’s hot and fresh so you have no leftovers to call out to you. That’s a life lesson you can take straight to the bank.
Main Ingredients Needed
You’re just 7 ingredients away from perfect Pancetta Pizza! Gather these items up to start your pizza making journey, friends:
- Pizza Dough – I prefer to use my very own homemade pizza dough, but you could always buy some from the store.
- Pancetta – if you can’t find pancetta, use bacon. All good things in life start with bacon and your meal will still taste delicious. You can find bacon bits at the store or you can bake your own bacon!
- Rosemary – you can use fresh or dried. They’re both rosemary that will be cooked in the oven anyways.
- Olive Oil and Garlic Powder – the olive oil acts as our sauce while the garlic powder is there for flavor! If you’d rather use fresh minced garlic go for it.
- Italian Cheese Blend – this is a great blend of cheese to get all of the subtle and more intense cheese flavors perfectly balanced.
- Red Pepper Flakes – I like things spicy so I added red pepper flakes. Adjust this to your own liking.
How to Make Pancetta Pizza
It’s crazy easy to make homemade pizza, let alone this fancy looking Pancetta Pizza Recipe. For full details see the recipe card below!
Step 1: Brown Pancetta
Start by browning some pancetta. You’ll also want to get some fresh rosemary. Chop that up.
Step 2: Prepare Pancetta Pizza
Now grab some pizza dough, spread it out, drizzle on some olive oil and garlic powder, then top with some cheese, pancetta, rosemary, and red pepper flakes. I like-ah-da-spicy.
Step 3: Bake!
Now you can bake that sucker off in your oven. Right in the middle rack at 500 degrees for 8 minutes on the button gives me a perfectly cooked pizza.
Cut into pieces and serve it up.
That’s it! I told you it was easy, especially if you made my pizza dough ahead of time.
Baking vs Grilling Pizza
There are two options when you are making pizza. Baking versus grilling. Now baking is wonderful all year round, and especially great during winter to help warm the house.
BUT if you haven’t tried grilling pizza before YOU. ARE. MISSING. OUT. When grilling pizza you get a beautiful charred bottom and that signature grilled taste. SO the next time you have your grill up and running, consider grilling pizza for dinner!
And to make everything THAT much better, I have a great how-to on grilling pizza right here.
Related Recipes to Try!
This was a delicious nice change from the regular pepperoni pizza I usually make. A little more sophisticated and seriously just divine….but this is coming from a girl who lives for carbs and cheese. Soooooo, I’m a little biased. You may have to try Pancetta Pizza yourself and let me know 😉
Either way, have a wonderful day! Enjoy, friends!
Spicy Pancetta Pizza with Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line pizza pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Spread dough out to 8-inch circle. brush with olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Spread grated cheese evenly over dough along with pancetta, rosemary and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Remove from oven and cool 2 minutes before cutting and serving.