This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Four ingredients and a hot oven are all you need to make cheesy Pepperoni Pizza Rolls! Delicious fresh or saved for school lunches!
Three words people, homemade pizza rolls. We miiiight get a little obsessed with our pizza here at my house. So much so that Pizza Friday is a consistent thing and if it doesn’t happen, there is hell to pay.
Now that Back-to-School season is upon us, my children have taken it upon themselves to ask for pizza in their school lunch boxes. Normally, I would say no because a slice of pizza in a lunch box is huge and a little ridiculous, but then I started figuring out a way that this could actually work in a convenient and non-messy way.
Friends, meet pizza rolls! Like a cinnamon roll, but make with pepperoni and cheese. Make a bunch Sunday night, store them in the freezer for the week and pull two out per kid for lunch bags every morning. By the time lunch rolls around, they have fruit, veggies and a couple of pizza rolls with dipping sauce to go with. I’ve made them a couple of times through the summer because I wanted to make sure the cheese to pepperoni and dough ratio was right, but also because they’re so dang easy.
This is not a groundbreaking recipe, nor is it all that original. But, it is easy and it makes a great make-ahead lunch if your kids are brown bagging it like mine are.
Pizza Rolls Recipe Ingredients
Basically, this recipe is crescent roll dough (or the dough sheets if you can find ’em!) unrolled, sprinkled with cheese and pepperoni, rolled up, cut, sprinkled with Italian Seasoning and then baked.
Crescent Roll Sheet – Rolling all the ingredients together makes cute little spirals in the end.
Mozzarella Cheese – Cheese guys, you can’t go wrong here.
Pepperoni Slices – How many to add? “As much as your heart desires” (that was taken from the comments so thank you commenter).
Italian Seasoning – Not only does this make the whole pizza rolls prettier, but it also adds some flavor.
Pizza Dipping Sauce – This sauce completes the whole pizza roll experience.
Just an FYI they last a while in the freezer or fridge if you hide them from your kids and taste awesome dipped in a little pizza sauce. These little dip containers I got work perfectly for lunch boxes.
Scroll down to read and print the recipe in full. May you survive the last few weeks of summer. (I think I can I think I can I think I can!)
Have a great day, friends!
other pizza related recipes you might like:
- Cheesy-Stuffed Garlic Butter Crescent Rolls
- Easy Skillet Pizzas
- Pull Apart Pizza
- Four Cheese Pepperoni Pizza Knots
- Loaded Fajita Pizza
Pepperoni Pizza Rolls Recipe
- 8 ounce Pillsbury Crescent Roll Sheet 1 can
- 1 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 16 pepperoni slices
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peel and unroll crescent roll dough. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese. Place pepperoni slices over top. Roll back up into a roll.
- Using a sharp knife, cut into 12 even rolls. Place onto prepared sheet. Lightly sprinkle with Italian Seasoning.
- Bake 12-15 minutes or until the rolls are lightly golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with pizza sauce OR cool completely, store in airtight containers and freeze until ready to use.