This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
You know what’s funny? Me re-watching Victoria’s Secret fashion shows being huge at 30 weeks pregnant wearing tapered sweat pants and big ugly socks with frizzy hair and no make-up eating this entire pie.
My husband is one lucky man.
Anyways, I made a pie. And it’s the bomb. I’ve also been looking up new workouts to try after I have this little dude, but I’m thinking that my good intentions will be put on hold because of ….. this pie.
Blasted girl scouts and their irresistible cookies.
I think perhaps that chocolate and mint are one of my favorite combinations ever. Especially when cream is somehow involved. Umm, definitely when cream is involved. I do it because I can. And because I had 2 cups of cream I had to get rid of. And by get rid of I mean eat.
So yes, I made a Thin Mint Cream Pie. Thin mint crust, chocolate pudding filling and pepperminty whipped cream on top. HEAVEN! And super simple to whip out. I made the pudding from what I had on hand, but feel free to use a small box of chocolate jello to eat that much faster. And please make sure to add the whipped cream. My husband is a girl, doesn’t like ‘tasteless empty calories’ and scraped his cream off.
I was seriously this close to smacking him.
Moral of the story: don’t be like him.
Thin Mint Cream Pie
for the crust-
- 24 thin mint cookies + more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
for the filling-
- Grind thin mint cookies into crumbs. Stir together with sugar and melted butter until crumbs are moistened and press into a pie plate. Refrigerate.
- In a small pot, stir sugar, cornstarch and cocoa powder together. Whisk in milk and place over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and starts to thicken.
- Once hot and thick remove from heat and stir in chopped chocolate, vanilla and peppermint extract. Pour into pie plate and cover with plastic wrap. Be sure to place the plastic wrap directly on the filling. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until completely chilled and plastic wrap comes off clean.
- For the topping, whip cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and peppermint extract together until stiff peaks form. Spread half overtop entire pie and use the remaining to decorate the edges. Top with extra thin mint cookies and serve.