This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
A tasty, homemade Caesar Salad Recipe topped with parmesan cheese, bacon and croutons. Drizzle with my homemade caesar salad dressing (with no anchovies) for the finished, delicious salad! Use my oven method for cooking your bacon for a hot and fresh addition.
Caesar Salad | My Favorite Salad
I don’t know about you, but I love love love caesar salad. It’s one of my favorite salads ever! The cold and crunchy lettuce and croutons paired with the buttery bacon, parmesan cheese and creamy dressing…its all just so delicious! Top it with a squeeze of lemon juice and that is one mighty tasty dish.
While the ingredients for the salad are pretty traditional, the dressing is where things change. I don’t love anchovies and I especially don’t love buying them just to use one or two filets for a homemade caesar dressing with nothing else to do with the rest of the can. So, I’ve made a new kind of dressing that tastes just as good as the classic, but made with mayonnaise, garlic, lemon juice, salt and plenty of pepper. While the mayonnaise can seem a little heavy, the lemon juice helps thin it out while adding that needed acid to lighten it up. Feel free to be heavy handed with the lemon juice.
Main Ingredients Needed
Simple ingredients come together to quickly make a classic salad. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Romaine Hearts – fresh is best! Nice crisp lettuce leaves.
- Bacon – store-bought bacon bits (the Costco ones are good after zapping in the microwave for a few seconds) or cook some bacon in the oven while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Garlic & Herb Croutons – I like these best for this type of salad, but feel free to use your favorite type of croutons for yours.
- Parmesan Cheese- get the good stuff for best results. Those flakes you see in the photos are just gorgeous!
For the Caesar Salad Dressing
I don’t use any anchovies in my caesar salad dressing so I wouldn’t say it’s the most authentic, but it sure does taste good! Here’s what you need:
- Mayonnaise – this makes up the majority of the dressing so if you don’t like so much mayonnaise consider using my avocado caesar dressing.
- Lemon Juice – once again fresh is best!
- Garlic – finely mince this so that you don’t get a huge bite of garlic.
- Salt + Pepper – don’t forget to salt and pepper your dressing for the most flavor!
- More Parmesan – yes, more parmesan! Its flavor really completes the dressing.
How to Make Caesar Salad
I love how quickly a Caesar Salad comes together not to mention how good it tastes, too! For full details, including increments, see the recipe card down below.
Step 1: Assemble the Salad
In a large bowl, add all ingredients for caesar salad and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Caesar Dressing
For the dressing, whisk the mayonnaise with lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning. You may have to add more lemon juice or garlic, depending on your preference.
Step 3: Toss and Serve!
Toss the salad with as much dressing as you’d like and serve immediately.
More Classic Salad Recipes to Try!
Serve this Caesar Salad recipe along side an Italian pasta dish, a meaty dinner or just to have on its own.
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
Caesar Salad Recipe
For the Caesar Salad:
- 2 heads romaine lettuce hearts/hearts of romaine washed and torn into bite size pieces
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup garlic and herb croutons
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
For the Caesar Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or more if desired
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients for caesar salad and set aside.
- For the dressing, whisk mayonnaise with lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust seasoning. You may have to add more lemon juice or garlic, depending on your preference.
- Toss the salad with as much dressing as you'd like and serve immediately.