I’m not sure there’s any better cookie than these Chewy Chocolate Snickers Cookies! A simple chocolate cookie dough with lots of candy bar pieces stirred in and gently baked to give you big, fat, chewy decadent Snickers cookies! You’re gonna love them!
I love a good chewy chocolate cookie, but things get significantly better when you throw in a few Snickers! Chop them up and fold them into the cookie dough right before baking, and that is a delicious treat you are sure to love! If you are familiar with baking cookies, this will be a breeze, but if you’re more of a novice, read through my few notes to become a little more comfortable. I promise its easy.
The best Snickers Cookies in all the land
So, believe it or not, I posted this recipe in 2011 (when I only had one child) after I did a little baking with my nephew. He wanted cookies, so we went through a few options and finally settled on Snickers Cookies! I love adding candy bars into cookies, especially snickers because they add have just the right ratio of chocolate, caramel, nougat and salty peanuts. Its a great addition and one we all loved. A perfect pick me up for a lazy afternoon!
Scanning this list, the only new thing you might not recognize are the Snickers Baking Bites. I found these at Target in the baking aisle and since I had never seen them before, I knew I had to try them! Obviously if you can’t find these, regular snickers bars chopped into small bite size pieces is perfectly fine! It’s how we made the original recipe, after all.
- Salted Butter- I use salted butter for most of my baked goods because I like it better, but regular unsalted butter is totally fine to use, too.
- Granulated sugar and Brown Sugar- two kinds used for sweetness and moisture
- Vanilla extract- for flavor. Use the real stuff if you can get it.
- Egg- holds the cookie together!
- All Purpose Flour- I use unbleached. Be sure to fluff your flour before measuring!
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder- these are chocolate cookies after all. Hershey’s cocoa powder is my go to.
- Baking Soda & Salt- baking soda to add a tiny lift and salt to bring out all that chocolate flavor.
- Snickers Baking Bites- little mini snickers! Again, just chop up the large chocolate bars if you can’t find the bites.
How to make Chewy Chocolate Snickers Cookies
We use the creaming method for these cookies. It should be an extremely familiar technique for most of you experienced bakers!
- Cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy!
- Add in egg and vanilla and stir.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and incorporate in.
- Stir the Snickers Baking Bites by hand and scoop onto your baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8ish minutes. Cool for a few minutes on the hot baking sheet before transferring to cooling racks.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This will make or break your cookies
Ya’ll, how you measure your flour will be what determines a success from a failure! If your cookies spread and become a buttery, crispy mess, you need more flour! If your cookies don’t spread and bake up like rocks on a baking sheet, then you added too much flour.
The best way to combat this is to measure your flour the correct way!
- Fluff your flour before measuring. This just means to aerate it. Scoop some flour into your measuring cup and then dump it back into the bag. Do this 3-4 times.
- Next, scoop your flour into your measuring cup.
- Then, level the top! Run your finger or a butter knife across the top to get an exact measurement.
- Tada! You’ve measured flour the correct way and you will have success with most recipes. Congratulations.
A word about Cookie Scoops
There are three basic sizes of cookie scoops available on the market: small, medium and large. How will you know what size you have? On the small piece that moves across the bottom of your scoop, there should be written the size. In the recipe card, I’ve included baking times based on how big or small your cookie scoop is. For reference, I used the large cookie scoop for the cookies in these photos. Here are the baking directions:
- Small scoop (2 teaspoons): 5-6 minutes
- Medium scoop (1 1/2 tablespoons): 7-8 minutes
- Large scoop (3 tablespoons): 9-10 minutes
Please enjoy this delicious recipe! It’s such a crowd pleaser for not a lot of work! Be sure to print, pin, save, bookmark or share this recipe. It’s worth it.
Have a great day, friends!
Chewy Chocolate Snickers Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Whip in egg and vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix again. Slowly stir in all dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in snickers pieces by hand.
- Scoop cookies onto baking sheet using a large (3 tablespoon) cookie scoop. Bake 9-10 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet 2-3 minutes and then remove to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.