This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These absolutely Loaded Oatmeal Cookies are flavored with peanut butter, contain three types of baking chips, and are stuffed with snickers! If you like things on the simpler side, try my plain and classic Oatmeal Cookies.
Loaded Oatmeal Cookies | Ridiculous!
Crack out your smelling salts….this dessert is a doozie! Yes, you read that title correctly!! Loaded Oatmeal Cookies… A mini snickers bar stuffed inside peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough that happens to be chock full of chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, and rice Krispies. Have you fainted yet?
I’m not gonna lie, these are pretty amazing and ridiculous. Every bite is has different tastes and the texture differences between the oats, rice krispies and melted snickers bar seriously drove me crazy. After I tore one of these warm little fat babies open, I was a goner. I think I gasped. LITERALLY gasped, people!! There are no words to describe the beauty that is this cookie. I then proceeded to eat an unidentified number of cookies. I would tell you the number, but I just don’t remember….so that equates to…..basically a lot!
So, besides the smelling salts, have your gym membership cards handy too. You’re welcome.
Main Ingredients Needed
This ingredients list might be a little long but these are called LOADED oatmeal cookies after all. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Peanut Butter – we are starting things out right here with smooth peanut butter. You could use crunchy if you prefer that better.
- Coconut Oil – or the same amount of softened butter. More moisture and flavor.
- Granulated + Brown Sugar – both are used to sweeten but brown sugar is specifically used to make soft cookies.
- Egg – for structure and texture.
- Vanilla + Salt – both are for flavor.
- Baking Soda – this is our leavening agent.
- All-Purpose Flour – this fills out the cookies! Be sure to measure your flour out correctly, fluff, scoop, and level. If you have no idea what I’m talking about see here.
- Oats – you can use old-fashioned oats or rolled oats however I used quick cooking oats!
- Baking Chips – chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch, dark chocolate, peanut butter, the sky is the limit people!
- Rice Krispies – these are awesome in cookies. They provide a unique airy crunch while not taking away from the rest of the flavor.
- Mini Snickers Bars – you can also use a regular-sized snickers bar cut down to size. These are stuffed in between two scoops of cookie dough *drool*.
How to Make Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
For full details on how to make these Loaded Oatmeal Cookies, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Step 1: Preheat + Prep
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Dough
In a large bowl, cream butters and sugars together. Stir in egg and vanilla bean paste and whip until light in color and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Slowly stir in baking soda, salt, flour and oats until just combined. Stir in remaining ingredients, excluding the snickers, by hand.
Step 3: Scoop + Cover
Using a cookie scoop, create 8 cookie dough balls on your prepared baking sheet. Press dough down flat. Top with a mini snickers bar and place another scoop of cookie dough over top. Press the dough around the snickers bar to cover completely.
Step 4: Bake + Cool
Bake 9-11 minutes or until cookie starts to turn light golden brown on the bottom. Cool 3-5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
Just looking at these, they look like a normal cookie, right? WRONG! Once you dig in, everyone will be surprised by what’s waiting for them!! Mmmm…
How do I know when these cookies are done?
You might be wondering how the heck you’re supposed to know when these crazy cookies are done. With all of the additions, it can be hard to tell. Be sure your oven is preheated to the right temperature by using an oven thermometer and stick to the recipe card. The cookies should have a light brown toasty color to the top and sides. They also don’t spread too much since there’s a snickers bar in there holding everything up. When in doubt, leave them in the oven for a few minutes longer.
More Oatmeal Cookie Recipes to Try!
- Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Oatmeal Cookies
- Apple Oatmeal Cookies with Brown Butter Frosting
- Monster Cookies
- Coconut Peanut Butter Oatmeal Scotchies
We ADORED these and they didn’t last long at all!! Find a cooking buddy and make these today!! 🙂 Happy Wednesday!
Loaded Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or softened butter
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour + 1 tablespoons
- 1 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup baking chips butterscotch, chocolate, white, etc.
- 1/3 cup rice krispies cereal
- 18 snack size snickers candy bars unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butters and sugars together.
- Stir in egg and vanilla bean paste and whip until light in color and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Slowly stir in baking soda, salt, flour and oats until just combined.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, excluding the snickers, by hand.
- Using a cookie scoop, create 8 cookie dough balls on your prepared baking sheet. Press dough down flat.
- Top with a mini snickers bar and place another scoop of cookie dough over top. Press the dough around the snickers bar to cover completely.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until cookie starts to turn light golden brown on the bottom. Cool 3-5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Serve warm with milk! YUM!