This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe (Applebee’s Copycat) is marinated and grilled, then topped with cheese and fresh pico?! What’s not to like? I’m sure you and your mom have seen this recipe floating around on Pinterest and other places because it’s simple to make and it tastes really good. Serve this with a little Mexican Street Corn Recipe or Black Bean Dip Recipe and voila! Tasty dinner that feeds little mouths for days.
Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe | With Fresh Pico De Gallo
One thing you’ll want to do ahead of time is marinate the chicken. Your chicken will absorb the flavors of the marinade after a couple hours, and be fine…but the longer you can let it marinate, the better!
Main Ingredients Needed
This Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe starts out with a marinade bursting with flavor. It then gets perfectly grilled and topped with Pico de Gallo. Here’s everything you’ll need to make this tasty dinner:
- Water, Soy Sauce, Lime Juice, Sweet Chile Sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, Garlic, Pepper, and Cumin – a beautiful blend of flavors for the chicken marinade.
- Chicken – I opted for chicken cutlets but you could easily make this with chicken breasts.
- Cheddar Cheese – this tops the grilled chicken and gets melted on.
Pico de Gallo
Here’s what you’ll need for the Pico:
- Tomatoes – fresh is best, diced.
- Yellow Onion – if you hate raw onion, you can leave this out. The pico won’t be as good though.
- Cilantro – a fresh and traditional ingredient.
- Lime – to lighten things up and to add to the lime flavor in the chicken.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste.
- Tortilla Strips – a much-needed crunch!
How to Make Fiesta Lime Chicken | Directions
Step 1: Make Marinate.
In a large freezer bag, stir together water, lime juice, soy sauce, Chile-lime sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, pepper, cumin, and chicken. Seal the bag well and refrigerate for up to 24 hours to marinate.
Step 2: Cook Chicken
Preheat grill to medium heat. Grill chicken 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked completely. When you flip your chicken to cook on the second side, top with the shredded cheese to melt. Cover grill or cover chicken with foil to finish cooking. Remove.
Step 3: Make The Pico De Gallo
Stir all ingredients together in a small bowl. Top the chicken with the pico and tortilla strips and serve. Yum yum!
Looking for some tasty and easy side dishes to serve alongside Fiesta Lime Chicken? Look no further!
- Cowboy Caviar Recipe
- Classic Guacamole Recipe
- Mexican Street Corn Guacamole
- Homemade Salsa Recipe
- Cilantro Lime Rice
Store chicken and pico in airtight containers and keep in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. The pico will become more juicy, the longer it sits. You may want to drain a little bit of the juices off if its too soupy after the first day.
More Chicken Recipes to Try!
- Easy Chicken Fajitas (Oven & Stovetop recipes)
- Green Chile Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
- Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Crockpot
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Meat Recipe
- Queso Chicken Skillet
The printable recipe below! Have a wonderful, well-rested day!
Fiesta Lime Chicken Recipe
For the chicken-
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
For the pico-
- 3 roma tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- salt & pepper to taste
- tortilla strips
- In a large freezer bag, stir together water, lime juice, soy sauce, chile-lime sauce, Worcestershire, garlic, pepper, cumin, and chicken. Seal the bag well and refrigerate for up to 24 hours to marinate.
- To cook chicken, preheat grill to medium. Grill chicken 2-3 minutes per side or until cooked completely. When you flip your chicken to cook on the second side, top with the shredded cheese to melt. Cover grill or cover chicken with foil to finish cooking. Remove.
- For the pico de gallo, stir all ingredients together in a small bowl. Top the chicken with the pico and tortilla strips and serve. Yum yum!