This Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is an easy side dish that can go with chicken, pork or beef. Light and refreshing yet super versatile for your dinner needs.
You really can’t go wrong with this delicious Cilantro Lime Rice recipe. It basically pairs perfectly with any protein main dish, Mexican or Asian food! It is ridiculously easy to make, not to mention quick and also tastes so refreshing. So whether you are making Burritos or Potstickers, be sure to make this amazing rice recipe.
Cilantro Lime Rice Recipe
Cilantro Lime Rice is such a quick and easy side dish, you’ll find yourself making this again and again. So here’s what you’ll need to get started.
- Long Grain White Rice – if you are more of a brown rice type of person feel free to substitute white rice out. You are just going to have to adjust the cooking time for your rice.
- Salt – you wouldn’t want unseasoned rice, right?
- Water – this is to cook the rice in.
- Lime Juice – to flavor! Fresh is always best. Also, feel free to zest a little lime in there too for an extra limey kick.
- Cilantro – more flavor! If you don’t like the taste of cilantro, I can’t stress this enough, this recipe is not for you.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Rice
- In a small pot, stir the rice, water, and salt together. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes or until rice is completely cooked through. (Once there is no visible water bubbling around the rice anymore- 15 minutes or so- turn the heat off and keep the lid on to steam the rice another 10 minutes until done.)
- Fluff rice with fork and stir in cilantro and lime juice, to taste. Serve hot.
Using a Rice Cooker
Instead of boiling/steaming to cook the rice, you can also use a rice cooker or pressure cooker. In this case, it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions. Often times the appliance you are using will come with a booklet of instructions. Each machine is a little different so be sure to pay attention to how much rice to water you should be adding to the pot. And don’t forget to add the salt!
Note: 1 cup of uncooked white rice will make 3 cups cooked.
Lucky for you, Cilantro Lime Rice is an excellent leftover dish as well! Rice can be stored in the fridge for up to 6 days and frozen for up to 3 months. Of course, both are stored in an airtight container.
To reheat simply pop however much rice you are going to eat into the microwave with a little sprinkling of water until heated through. And make sure to return all leftover rice back into the fridge!
What to Serve with Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice is best served as a side dish! That isn’t to say that you can’t have it wrapped inside a burrito though. So good! Here are a couple of main dishes that would pair well with this recipe.
- Red and Green Enchiladas – a reader favorite!
- Baked Chicken Legs – simple but packed full of flavor.
- Fish Taco Recipe – serve on the side or within each taco!
- Mexican Pork – a super easy main dish to go along with a super-easy side dish.
- Korean Beef – this rice recipe isn’t only good with Mexican food, but Asian food too!
More Rice Recipes!
A simple and quick side dish that everyone is sure to love. Printable recipe card is below, so make sure to save it by printing, bookmarking or pinning this recipe 🙂
Cilantro Lime Rice
This Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is an easy side dish that can go with chicken, pork or beef. Light and refreshing yet super versatile!
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups cold water
- salt to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 whole lime juiced (about 2 tablespoons)
In a small pot, stir the rice, water, and salt together. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook 15-20 minutes or until rice is completely cooked through. (Once there is no visible water bubbling around the rice anymore- 15 minutes or so- turn the heat off and keep the lid on to steam the rice another 10 minutes until done.)
Fluff rice with fork and stir in cilantro and lime juice, to taste. Serve hot.