This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lemon Cheesecake Tart is not too sweet and slightly tart. It is a nearly perfect dessert that doesn’t take too long to throw together. Or if you’re looking for my classic cheesecake recipe <– see here!
Lemon Cheesecake Tart
I was feeling sassy and had a few packs of cream cheese in my fridge, so behold! A lemon cheesecake tart! And, by golly, it is divine. Not too sweet and slightly tart from all that lemon. It is a nearly perfect dessert that doesn’t take too terribly long to throw together. Plus! Lots of regular, everyday ingredients that you probably will already have. #winning
Main Ingredients Needed
Here is everything you’ll need to make this Lemon Cheesecake Tart:
- Graham Crackers, Sugar + Melted Butter – these three come together to make the crust!
- Cream Cheese – three whole blocks of it for that creamy tangy flavor.
- Sugar – to sweeten.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – to sweeten and thicken the mixture.
- Eggs – to add structure and richness.
- Vanilla – to flavor.
- Lemon Juice + Zest – both are used to flavor the cheesecake!
How to Make a Lemon Cheesecake Tart
For full details on how to make a Lemon Cheesecake Tart, see the recipe card down below 🙂
1. Preheat + Make Crust
In a medium-size bowl, stir together melted butter, graham crackers, and granulated sugar until completely moist. Press into a 14-inch tart pan and set aside.
2. Make Filling
In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Scrape sides of the bowl and mix again briefly. Add in sweetened condensed milk while the mixer is on, then drop eggs in one at a time until combined. Scrape sides and stir again. Finally add in lemon juice and zest. Scrape down the bowl to ensure the batter is smooth and evenly mixed and pour over top crust.
3. Bake + Cool
Smooth the top and bake until set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled. Add sweetened whipped cream and lemon zest as a garnish if desired and serve.
More Lemon Recipes to Try!
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
Lemon Cheesecake Tart
for the crust:
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
for the filling:
- 24 oz cream cheese 3 blocks, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk 1 can
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size bowl, stir together melted butter, graham crackers and granulated sugar until completely moist. Press into a 14-inch tart pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly. Add in sweetened condensed milk while mixer is on, then drop eggs in one at a time until combined. Scrape sides and stir again. Finally add in lemon juice and zest. Scrape down bowl to ensure batter is smooth and evenly mixed and pour overtop crust.
- Smooth the top and bake 20-25 minutes until set. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature. Then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled. Add sweetened whipped cream and lemon zest as a garnish if desired and serve.
Hi, this is a wondeful recipe, thank you! A correction: the instructions don’t say when to add the vanilla so I forgot to add it. I realized this once I had put it in the oven for a few minutes so I got it out of the oven, added the vanilla, and mixed it in the pan as best I could. It came out fine. It has a great texture and flavor after a day and a half of being chilled. Gets better and better over time. Thanks for this! It also says cup twice on the lemon juice ingredient. Just trying to help! Thank you so much it’s perfection!
What about the vanilla mentioned In ingredients?
[…] your meal plan, here are some other cheesecake recipes to try out: Caramel Pecan Pie Cheesecake, Lemon Cheesecake Tart, Oreo Pumpkin Cheesecake & Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake […]
What other size pan can you suggest for this? Could it be made in a springform pan and just be a thicker cheesecake? Please help!!
I made this incredible lemon delight yesterday for our Easter dessert-thank you for this recipe! I only had an 11″ tart pan, which worked just fine by using 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs for the crust and by baking the extra filling in a small ramekin (in a water bath) while the tart baked. I also made a fairly tart lemon curd to spread on the top. It turned out perfectly and was exactly what was needed to top off the ham, etc. that we had for dinner!
Thanks for this recipe. Madison and I are going to make it for Grandpa’s birthday on Saturday. Looks so GOOD!!!
Zao and Cetabellos are a must on my list in salt lake! Cant go wrong there!
I can’t find a 14 inch round tart pan anywhere. Was the pan size a typo? The biggest round one I can find is 11 inch. I’d love to make this recipe but I’m afraid to without the designated pan size.