This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Lemon Meringue Cheesecake is ultra-creamy filled with pockets of lemon curd and topped with a billowy-soft swiss meringue.
My oh my, the lemon addiction rolls on with this Lemon Meringue Cheesecake. Which was inspired by a cheesecake I had back in Paris. When I booked my flights to France, I never thought I’d find the most amazing slice of cheesecake. Macarons and croissants, yes. Cheesecake? Not so much. But when we came across the cutest little shop, Berko, and then went inside and saw cases filled with cheesecake, we obviously had to try them. I ordered the Lemon Meringue Cheesecake because LEMON and I just about died because of how good it was. Actually, all of the cheesecakes were amazing, but the consensus was the Lemon Cheesecake was the favorite.
Lemon Meringue Cheesecake Ingredients
- Graham Cracker Crumbs, Sugar, and Melted Butter – these are the ingredients for the simple graham cracker crust! Double the amounts if you absolutely love this part of cheesecakes.
- Cream Cheese – this has to be completely softened to room temperature. Tangy, creamy goodness!
- Sugar – to sweeten of course.
- Vanilla and Lemon Extract – both are used for flavor!
- Eggs – room temperature eggs work best when mixing, so plan ahead.
- Lemon Zest – even more lemony flavor coming your way.
- Cold Lemon Curd – boy store-bought or make your own!
- Egg Whites, Sugar, Cream of Tartar, and Vanilla Extract – these are the ingredients for the meringue topping! So good!!!
Tips and Tricks
Here are my biggest tips to make perfect Lemon Meringue Cheesecake!
- Room Temperature. Use cream cheese and eggs that are absolutely at room temperature. This makes for a smoother filling.
- Be Patient. Leave the cooked cheesecake in the oven for a good 6 hours (or overnight!) after baking to cool and avoid cracking, though a crack in a cheesecake never stopped me from eating it.
- Plan Ahead. Just plan ahead because this is not a one and done kind of recipe.
How to Make Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
In a nutshell, this Lemon Meringue Cheesecake has three parts: the crust, the filling, and the topping. It is a bit of a long recipe, but the directions couldn’t be simpler. I promise it’s easier done than said! For full details see the recipe card down below!
Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven.
- In a small bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter until combined and moist. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Bake and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature.
Lemon Cheesecake Filling
- In a large bowl, stir cream cheese and sugar together. Stir in vanilla and lemon extracts. Add in one egg at a time and stir. Scrape edges and stir in lemon zest.
- Add lemon curd into the cooked crust by dolloping it around the edges and into the center.
- Pour prepared batter over top of the lemon curd and smooth the top. Bake, then turn the oven off completely, leaving the cheesecake inside the oven to cool completely.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until completely chilled.
Swiss Meringue Topping
- For the meringue topping, whisk egg whites, granulated sugar, and cream of tartar together in the top of a double boiler OR in a large, heat-safe bowl overtop of simmering water. Whisk until topping is very thick, glossy, and billowy. Fold in vanilla.
- Spread over top of the cheesecake and broil on low until topping has browned OR use a kitchen torch to brown meringue.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
More Lemon Recipes to try!
- Chewy Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Lemon Cream Pie
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Lemon No-Bake Icebox Cake
- Glazed Lemon Cookies
- Perfect Lemon Bar Recipe
So, I’m no Berko, but I can make a mean cheesecake that tastes ultra-lemony, extra creamy, and super decadent. It’s a gift, what can I say? Whether you’re a passive cheesecake lover or at the addictive level, this is the kind of dessert that always gets finished, that always has people raving and that doesn’t get easily forgotten.
Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
for the filling-
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs with sugar and melted butter until combined and moist. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir cream cheese and sugar together until smooth and combined. Stir in vanilla and lemon extracts. Add in one egg at a time and stir in completely before adding in the next egg. Scrape edges and stir in lemon zest.
- Add lemon curd into the cooked crust by dolloping it around the edges and into the center. (Using cold lemon curd with allow it to hold its shape while baking.
- Pour prepared batter over top of the lemon curd and smooth the top. Bake 1 hour, then turn oven off completely, leaving cheesecake inside the oven to cool completely, about 6 hours.
- Refrigerate cheesecake until completely chilled.
- For the topping, using a hand mixer, whisk egg whites, granulated sugar and cream of tartar together in the top of a double boiler OR in a large, heat-safe bowl overtop of simmering water. Whisk 5-7 minutes or until topping is very thick, glossy and billowy. Fold in vanilla.
- Spread over top of cheesecake and broil on low until topping has browned. OR use a kitchen torch to brown. Refrigerate until ready to serve.