This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Tender, sweet, and lemony, these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are what your weekend dreams are made of! Start with a pre-made pancake mix, these come together in a cinch!
I love making french toast or waffles on the weekend, but if you’d like to switch up your normal brunch routine, give this Lemon Ricotta Pancake Recipe a try! It’s a fancier take on the regular fluffy pancake recipe, but couldn’t be simpler to make. Start with a store-bought pancake mix and pull these together in a cinch.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
If you’ve been following my blog for any amount of time, you will probably know that lemon anything will always be my choice. Even when integrated into the pancake world. The ricotta cheese in this recipe adds a little extra moisture and tang while the lemon keeps these tasting super light and delightful. If loving pancakes if wrong, I don’t want to be right.
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes are frequently found on all the restaurant brunch menus and for good reason! It’s a classic combination that never gets old and tastes divine.
How to make Lemon Ricotta Pancakes:
Because we are taking the help from the store, this pancake batter comes together in no time at all!
- Measure out pancake mix, water, ricotta cheese and lemon zest into a large bowl.
- Whisk together until batter is mostly lump free. (A few small lumps is ok!)
- Preheat a nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat.
- Butter the pan well and fry pancakes until golden brown on each side.
- Serve warm with syrup and powdered sugar.
Ricotta Cheese in pancakes? Really?
Yes, really! While some people may have strong opinions about cheese in pancakes, I promise it is a good decision. Ricotta cheese mostly just adds moisture and a tender texture with a slight tang that pairs perfectly with the lemon zest. You can’t really taste the cheese, but will notice a big difference in the overall finished product which you will love!
What to serve over Lemon Ricotta Pancakes?
The classic, go-to for any pancakes would include butter, maple syrup and powdered sugar, but there are lots of other variations too! Give these toppings a try:
- blackberry syrup
- lemon curd
- strawberry or raspberry jam or jelly
- fresh fruit and whipped cream
- blueberries and mint
More Pancake Recipes to Love!
- Apple Pancakes with Caramel Syrup
- Cinnamon Roll Pancake & Waffle Syrup
- Mini Chocolate Chip Doughnut Pancake Dippers
- Homemade Pancake Mix Recipe
- Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Banana Pancakes with Chocolate Chips & Walnuts
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix such as the New Hungry Jack Buttermilk Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- zest of 2 small lemons
- powdered sugar for garnish
- syrup & butter for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, stir pancake mix, water, ricotta cheese and lemon zest together until mostly smooth with a few small lumps.
- Fry on a lightly greased nonstick skillet until golden brown.
- Serve with powdered sugar and syrup.