Man, do I love a good burger and this one will not disappoint! Typically, I’m not a huge meat eater, but today for some reason I was craving a big juicy burger…..with the bacon…..and cheese on top. Sometimes you just gotta give into those cravings (that happened to be encouraged by my husband).
These babies are really easy to whip up its a little ridiculous. It was probably 20 minutes start to finish. You cook your bacon, cook your burgers and then put them all together. And, let me tell you that burgers are so delicious when made with BBQ sauce. Its my new favorite thing to do these days. Love love love the BBQ sauce. If you have a great burger recipe that you’d prefer then by all means, use that one. Pretty sure bacon and cheese would be good on just about anything.
I used a skillet on my stove top because lets face it–its still winter and there’s still snow on the ground. But, if you live in warmer climates or want to brave the weather, go use that outdoor grill! And know that I am jealous.
Here’s the pan I used (click here) and here’s another great indoor grill that would work well too (click here)!
Blue Cheese Bacon Burgers
These classic blue cheese bacon burgers can be made start to finish in about 20 minutes!
- 1 lb ground chuck 80/20
- 1/4 cup finely minced onion
- 1/2 cup good BBQ sauce
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4-1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 whole wheat rolls
- In large skillet, cook bacon to personal preference. Remove and drain on paper towels. Pour off excess bacon grease leaving 1 tablespoon.
- In large bowl, mix ground chuck, onion, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper until well combined. Divide into 6 equal patties that are 1/2 inch thick. Turn skillet up to medium high heat.
- Cook burgers 3 minutes then flip and top with blue cheese crumbles. Cover and cook 2 more minutes.
- To assemble, cut rolls in half, spread mayonnaise on one half of the bun and top with lettuce, cooked burger and bacon. Party in your mouth.
Calories: 459kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 23gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 855mgPotassium: 372mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 103IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 88mgIron: 3mg
Love this recipe? Sign up for more!Get recipes delivered to your inbox