This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This classic Blue Cheese Burger recipe can be made, start to finish, in about 20 minutes! Perfect for summer barbequing. Love blue cheese? Check out these other recipes!
Blue Cheese Burger | Perfect for Summer Grilling
Man, do I love a good burger and this Blue Cheese Burger will not disappoint! Typically, I’m not a huge meat eater, but today for some reason I was craving a big juicy burger…..with the bacon…..and cheese on top. Sometimes you just gotta give in to those cravings. Speaking of bacon, have you tried cooking it in the oven? It’s one of my most loved methods for bacon. You can see How to Cook Bacon in the Oven here. It’s my new favorite thing to do these days.
If you have a great burger recipe that you’d prefer then, by all means, use that one. Pretty sure bacon and cheese would be good on just about anything.
Main Ingredients Needed
When it comes to toppings on a good burger, the sky is the limit. I prefer the usual lettuce, tomato, mayo, but then add BBQ sauce instead of ketchup and mustard, yum! I listed what I used, but feel free to omit or add what sounds good to you. Here’s what you’ll need to make a Blue Cheese Burger:
- Ground Chuck – 80/20 is what I used. You can use whatever ground beef you prefer.
- Onion – minced and added to the meat mixture.
- BBQ Sauce – there’s nothing better than a good BBQ sauce to add to the flavor of a burger, in my opinion.
- Salt + Pepper – season to taste.
- Bacon – use a brand you prefer. And be sure to check out my how-to on making bacon in the oven!
- Blue Cheese Crumbles – added on top of the burger and melted. If blue cheese is too strong for you replace with goat cheese.
- Lettuce + Tomato – a perfect burger needs a little lettuce and tomato in there. Cold, crunchy goodness.
- Mayonnaise – add a little mayo to the inside of the roll.
- Whole Wheat Rolls – I used whole wheat rolls, but again, you can use any bun/roll you prefer.
How To Make Blue Cheese Burgers | Directions
This Blue Cheese Burger recipe is really easy to whip up it’s a little ridiculous. It was probably 20 minutes from start to finish. You cook your bacon, cook your burgers and then put them all together. And, let me tell you that burgers are so delicious when made with BBQ sauce. Perfect for summer barbequing. Here are the step-by-step directions. You’ll find the full printable recipe card down below.
Step 1: Cook Bacon
In a large skillet, cook bacon to personal preference. Remove and drain on paper towels. Pour off excess bacon grease leaving 1 tablespoon.
Step 2: Mix Ground Chuck + Onion + BBQ Sauce
In a large bowl, mix ground chuck, onion, BBQ sauce, salt, and pepper until well combined. Divide into 6 equal patties that are 1/2 inch thick. Turn skillet up to medium-high heat.
Step 3: Cook Burgers
Cook burgers for 3 minutes then flip and top with blue cheese crumbles. Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
Step 4: Assemble Burgers
To assemble, cut rolls in half, spread mayonnaise on one half of the bun, and top with lettuce, cooked burger, and bacon.
What Should I Serve With Blue Cheese Burgers?
Here are a few ideas to serve as a side dish with Blue Cheese Burgers:
- Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- My Grandma’s Potato Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Macaroni Salad
Cooked hamburger tends to last in the fridge for 4-5 days before it dries out. Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag. I’d suggest assembling these blue cheese burgers, when you are ready to serve!
More Burger Recipes to Try!
- Classic Burger Recipe
- Green Chile Cheeseburger
- Greek Burgers
- Onion Ring Burgers
- Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
I hope you love these and make them this weekend! Make these at your next get-together with friends! The printable recipe card is below. Enjoy, friends! 🙂
Blue Cheese Burger
- 1 lb ground chuck 80/20
- 1/4 cup onion finely minced
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- salt + pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4-1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 whole wheat rolls
- In large skillet, cook bacon to personal preference. Remove and drain on paper towels. Pour off excess bacon grease leaving 1 tablespoon.
- In large bowl, mix ground chuck, onion, BBQ sauce, salt and pepper until well combined. Divide into 6 equal patties that are 1/2 inch thick. Turn skillet up to medium high heat.
- Cook burgers 3 minutes then flip and top with blue cheese crumbles. Cover and cook 2 more minutes.
- To assemble, cut rolls in half, spread mayonnaise on one half of the bun and top with lettuce, cooked burger and bacon. Party in your mouth.