This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Oatmeal Scotchies turn into an irresistible treat by adding peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, and coconut! So good! For something a little more plain yet still so good, here is my Oatmeal Cookie Recipe.
Oatmeal Scotchies | With Coconut Shreds + Peanut Butter Chips
OHH EMM GEE, guys!! These Oatmeal Scotchies are crazy amazing! Chewy, sweet and filled to the brim with coconut, oats, butterscotch and peanut butter chips! Holy pimped out cookies Batman!
This was the batch I made over my crazy stressful weekend just a few days back. When I was making these I happened to add in peanut butter chips….and some oats….and an almost empty bag of butterscotch chips…..and an almost empty bag of coconut. CLEARLY, I was just cleaning out my cupboards for the greater good.
ANYWAYS–we love love loved these and if you’re stressed too, feel free to make a batch! You’re welcome 🙂 Oh, and this recipe only makes 1 dozen, so you don’t have to feel bad for eating…..like 10.
Main Ingredients Needed
These Oatmeal Scotchies are not your Grandma’s recipe… I’ve added coconut shreds and peanut butter chips to the mix which makes things extra amazing. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Butter – or margarine. This provides moisture and flavor!
- Granulated + Brown Sugar – both are used to sweeten but brown sugar is especially useful in keeping cookies soft.
- Egg – for structure and texture.
- Vanilla + Salt – both are used for flavor.
- Flour – to fill out the cookies.
- Baking Soda – the leavening agent.
- Oats – I used rolled oats! Such good texture.
- Shredded Coconut – good texture and flavor!
- Peanut Butter + Butterscotch Chips – I used both peanut butter and butterscotch chips for these oatmeal scotchies! So good!
How to Make Oatmeal Scotchies
For full details on how to make these oatmeal scotchies, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Step 1: Preheat + Prep
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
Step 2: Make the Dough
Cream butter and sugars together. Stir in egg and vanilla. Stir in baking soda, salt, and flour until just incorporated. Pour in remaining ingredients and stir.
Step 3: Bake + Cool
Scoop onto the prepared pan and bake 8-9 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through. Cool 3 minutes on the pan and remove to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Love these Oatmeal Scotchies? Check out these other recipes…
- Oatmeal Cream Pies
- Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Stuffed Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Are you gettin’ hungry yet? Needless to say, these are crazy good and you should make them. The end.
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy!
Peanut Butter Coconut Oatmeal Scotchies
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 egg beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oats + 1 tablespoon
- 2 tablespoons shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips
- 2 tablespoons butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugars together. Stir in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in baking soda, salt and flour until just incorporated. Pour in remaining ingredients and stir.
- Scoop onto prepared pan.
- Bake 8-9 minutes, rotating the pan half way through. Cool 3 minutes on the pan and remove to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.