This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake has lots of whipped cream for good measure! This is a dessert to die for. It’s basically a cross between a thin Chocolate Cake and Peanut Butter Pie. Make it soon friends!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake | Feeds a Crowd!
Let’s talk CAKE. Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake to be exact. AKA my latest addiction AKA mommy crack AKA heaven AKA my pants don’t fit anymore.
When I was in San Jose just a few weeks ago, I had one of the tastiest peanut butter pies ever. That is saying a lot because we do a whole lot of peanut butter + chocolate-eating at my house. So I came home dreaming about peanut butter pie. Somewhere along the way, I thought “why not make it in cake form?” so I did.
BEST. DECISION. EVER.
This stuff is seriosuly addictive and the best part about it, is that it can feed a crowd (like most sheet cakes can) which means it’s perfect for sharing!
Main Ingredients Needed
I frankenstein-ed two different recipes together to make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake, but don’t worry you can find all of the nitty-gritty details down below in the recipe card. But for now, here are the basics:
- Chocolate Cake – you’re going to need a basic chocolate sheet cake recipe. I recommend using my Classic Chocolate Cake recipe but you have a recipe that you’d like to make instead, go for it!
- Peanut Butter Pie Filling – then the peanut butter ‘frosting’ is actually a peanut butter pie filling I borrowed from this blog! Super yummy stuff!
- Toppings – and, just because I can, I topped the whole thing with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and peanuts!
Are you drooling yet?
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
For full details on how to make this Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake see the recipe card down below 🙂
Make the Cake
Make chocolate cake batter according to directions from this recipe. Spread into a greased half sheet pan (18×13). Bake until a toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs when inserted. Cool to room temperature.
Make the Peanut Butter Topping
Make peanut butter pie filling according to recipe directions. Spread over cooled cake. Place in refrigerator.
Whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread over top peanut butter pie filling. Top with chocolate syrup and chopped peanuts.
Refrigerate until filling is set. Cut into squares and serve.
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes to Try!
- Chocolate Birthday Cake
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
- Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Peanut Butter Balls
If you have a special event coming up, be sure to make this chocolate PB sheet cake. It will blow peoples’ minds! Guaranteed. You’re welcome in advance. 🙂
The printable recipe card is down below!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Sheet Cake
- 1 Boxed Chocolate Cake Mix
For the Peanut Butter Pie Filling
- Make chocolate cake batter according to directions with water, oil and eggs. Spread into greased half sheet pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until toothpick comes out with a few moist crumbs when inserted. Cool to room temperature.
- Whip heavy cream until fluffy. Set aside. Beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add in the peanut butter, and then slowly add in the powdered sugar until combined. Mix in sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and lemon juice. Fold in 1/3 of the whipped cream and then mix in the remaining. Spread over cooled cake. Place in refrigerator.
- Whip cream with powdered sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Spread overtop peanut butter pie filling. Top with chocolate syrup and chopped peanuts. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until filling is set. Cut into squares and serve.