This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This basic, Roasted Cauliflower Recipe is a tasty, low-carb, simple side dish to throw together any day of the week. All you need is olive oil, salt, pepper and a little oven time to get the maximum caramelized, brown, super flavorful cauliflower.
I am a big fan of raw or Roasted Cauliflower and love putting it into other recipes as a low carb ‘filler’. My kids? Notsomuch. That’s why I love this roasted cauliflower recipe. If it’s brown and crispy around the edges, my kids will devour this. Roasting cauliflower adds a new level of taste and texture that will convert you too.
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
Only a handful of simple ingredients needed to get going on this cauliflower recipe. So gather up these ingredients as well as any other seasonings you’d like to make your vegetables taste their best.
- Cauliflower Florets – buy these precut from the store, or buy a whole head of cauliflower and cut into florets.
- Olive Oil – oil will help with the caramelizing and browning of the cauliflower.
- Salt and Pepper – to taste and for flavor!
Roasted Cauliflower Optional Seasonings
To jazz up your roasted cauliflower, try different seasonings! The recipe card is the basic version, but if you want to try something new, give a few of these a try!
- Garlic powder (or fresh garlic) – a super simple but great way to add flavor.
- Curry powder – perfect to go along with Indian or Asian dishes.
- Italian Seasoning – make this an Italian side dish with this seasoning.
- Taco Seasoning – I know this one sounds a little strange, but it’s pretty tasty!
- Grill Seasoning – this is actually really good when making a salad with cauliflower!
How to Roast Cauliflower
Only a few simple steps to gloriously roasted cauliflower:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, toss generously in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread evenly onto the baking sheet and roast 15-20 minutes.
- Flip and roast another 10-15 minutes or until as brown as crispy as desired.
- Optional step: in the last 5 minutes of cooking, sprinkle roasted cauliflower with parmesan cheese and bake.
- Serve warm.
More Cauliflower recipes you will love:
- Cauliflower Gratin
- Cauliflower Cheese Sauce
- Cauliflower Soup
- Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup
- Grandma’s Cauliflower
Enjoy, friends! Have a great day! xo
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into florets, toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and place onto baking sheet. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, flip and then cook another 10-15 minutes OR until browned to your liking.
- Optional last step: in the last 5 minutes of baking, sprinkle with parmesan cheese to get melty, crispy, cheesy cauliflower. Serve warm.