What a delicious and fast dinner idea I have for you! I went through my pantry, opened a few cans and dumped them into my crock pot-thats it! Sometimes on a cold day, I just love these hearty, warm and filling meals! And the best part is there are lots of leftovers! Not only is this pork delicious on its own, but its great over rice or in lightly fried corn tortillas! Seriously, this was a real winner in my house!
Southwest Crock Pot Pork
- 3-4 lb pork roast or I used 3 super thick pork chops with the fat removed
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 can water
- 1 can sweet corn drained
- 2 Tablespoons cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese I use sharp
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- In the bottom of a crockpot, whisk soup, water, corn, spices, and cheese. Set roast in the sauce and set crock pot to high. Cook for at least 6 hours. Before serving, remove roast and shred the meat. Stir meat back into sauce with black beans, cilantro, and scallions. Serve over rice or in fried corn tortillas.