This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This easy, 3-ingredient Crockpot Ham recipe is made with precooked spiralized ham and brown sugar. Just in time for Easter! Or if you are looking for my classic baked ham <— there it is! Serve your ham with my favorite scalloped potatoes and classic deviled eggs.
Crockpot Ham | An Easy Make-Ahead Meal!
Want to make an incredible meal without all the hassle? Then this Crockpot Ham recipe is for you! Made easy by using a spiraled ham, there’s little prep before it heads into the crockpot. Which leaves you with time to get things done around the house, make a side dish or just sit back and relax. Ham is a traditional and delicious main course for Easter dinner so I’d definitely recommend making it for that special occasion, but you could easily fit this into any weekday meal plan as well.
Main Ingredients Needed
You’re only three ingredients away from this amazing Crockpot Ham recipe! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Chicken Broth – you could also use water here, but I opt for chicken broth for the extra flavor it provides. This also helps the meat stay moist while cooking.
- Brown Sugar – this helps create a sticky-sweet glaze that you can then baste over your ham after cooking.
- Bone-In Spiral Ham – I got a 10 pounder which yields 12 servings (great for meal prep) but if you are looking to cut back, get a smaller ham and cook for less time.
- Ham Glaze- Optional! Yes, you can make a ham glaze for your crockpot ham if your heart desires, but know you can definitely get a delicious end product without 🙂
How to Make Ham in the Crockpot
For full details on how to make ham in the crockpot, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Add Chicken Broth + Brown Sugar
Add chicken broth and brown sugar to the bottom of a cold crockpot.
Add Ham + Cook
Unwrap ham and place face down onto the sugar. If your ham is too large for your crockpot like mine was, simply fit it into your crockpot as best as you can, trimming a little if necessary.
Cover and cook until hot all the way through and internal temperature reads 165 degrees F. Feel free to baste and brush on any desired glaze. If your ham is too big and the lid of the crockpot won’t close, add foil to the top with the lid overtop. I did order this 8 quart CrockPot for the next holiday ham which will be plenty big, so you may want to consider something larger, but my smaller 4 quart worked well, just had to make a few modifications.
How Long Do I Cook a Spiral Ham in the Crockpot?
Since spiral ham is already cooked, you’re simply gently reheating up to temperature in order to serve. In order to do this, I cook this crockpot ham on low for 6 hours.
You could do high for 3-4 hours, but you risk drying out your ham.
What to Serve with Ham
Ham pairs perfectly with a lot of different side dishes, so pick your favorites and go for it! Here are a couple of ideas to get you started:
More Pork Main Dishes to Try!
While you’re at it, check out all of my other pork recipes too!
- Smothered Baked Pork Chops
- Amazing Pulled Pork Recipe
- Pineapple Glazed Ham
- Brown Sugar Ham Glaze
- Garlic Pork Loin Roast Recipe with Potatoes
Try this super easy Crockpot Ham recipe soon!
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
Crockpot Ham Recipe
- Add chicken broth and brown sugar to the bottom of a cold crockpot.
- Unwrap ham and place face down onto the sugar. If your ham is too large for your crockpot like mine was, simply fit it into your crockpot as best as you can, trimming a little if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low 6 hours or until hot all the way through and internal temperature reads 165 degrees F. Feel free to baste and brush on any desired glaze.