This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cocoa powder, two kinds of chocolate chips with a chewy cookie base makes these triple chocolate Brownie Cookies pretty amazing. Basically my incredible Homemade Brownie Recipe in cookie form!
Brownie Cookies | The Best of Both Worlds
It’s the long labor day weekend and I fully intend to eat all the sweets and treats I can shove in my pie hole…including but not limited to brownie cookies. There are not many things I love more than chewy chocolate cookies that are so fudgy they resemble brownies except maybe brownies themselves but, duh.
Furthermore, these are fabulous. Easy to throw together and ready to eat in about 30 minutes. Did I mention there are 3 kinds of chocolate in these? Cocoa powder plus two kinds of chocolate chips. Delish!! That paired with the chewy cookie base makes for one amazing cookie. Give these a whirl asap!
Main Ingredients Needed
Lot’s of cookie ingredients and lot’s of brownie ingredients needed, duh, we are making brownie cookies! Here’s what you need:
- Butter + Sugar – these two are creamed together to start a flavorful base.
- Egg – for structure.
- Vanilla – for flavor.
- Flour – this fills out the rest of the cookie.
- Cocoa Powder – this makes the cookies chocolatey.
- Baking Soda – this is our leavening agent which is used for some lift and texture.
- Salt – to balance the sweet.
- White Chocolate Chips + Mini Chocolate Chips – both are used here to add even more chocolatey flavor.
Like any brownie recipe you can customize these brownie cookies to your liking. Here are two great ideas to get you started:
- Add Nuts: walnuts, almonds, pecans, whatever you like for a nutty crunch!
- Add Chocolate: consider switching out the chocolate products for something you like (dark chocolate, peanut butter chips, etc)!
How to Make Brownie Cookies
For full details on how to make Brownie Cookies, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Preheat oven. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
Make the Dough
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla. Scrape sides and whip until light and fluffy. Stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Scrape sides and mix again briefly. Stir both kinds of chocolate chips into the dough.
Bake + Cool
Scoop onto prepared baking sheets and bake. Cool cookies 5-10 minutes on the hot baking sheet to finish baking, then remove to cool completely.
Storing Brownie Cookies
If you even have ANY leftover brownie cookies store them in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze These Cookies?
Alternatively you can freeze these cookies, baked or unbaked, for up to 3 months!
More Chocolatey Treats to Try!
- Salted Caramel Brownie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate M&M Cookies
Anyways, enjoy your day with one or nineteen of these and a big glass of milk 🙂
The printable recipe card is down below 🙂
Triple Chocolate Brownie Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Stir in egg and vanilla. Scrape sides and whip until light and fluffy. Stir in all dry ingredients until just incorporated. Scrape sides and mix again briefly. Stir both kinds of chocolate chips into dough.
- Scoop onto prepared baking sheets and bake 8-9 minutes. Cool cookies 5-10 minutes on hot baking sheet to finish baking, then remove to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
It’s a keeper! Easy to make and perfect texture and flavor!
I’m thinking mint choc chips!!!
I made these once and they came out fantastic and now I can’t remember what I did – could you help with a few additional instructions? What size spoon do you use to scoop them – about a tablespoon? Do you pat them down a little or leave them rounded from the scoop? I made some that I left rounded and they are still all puffed up – not like yours. thanks.
JUST made these! Amazingggggggg
Yum!!! I made these last Saturday- I used Special Dark cocoa powder and they were sooo good- but I LOVE dark chocolate! Blogged about it & linked to you! Great Recipe!
I admire anyone who runs the Hood to Coast, and imo, you deserve brownies. 😉
I would love a stack of these with a large glass of milk!
[…] TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE COOKIES. Need I say […]
These look amazing. Fudgy chocolatey cookies are the best, I will definitely need to try these!
We were just at Cultus Lake for a couple of days with NO WIFI. :O Thought I was going to have a panic attack. Been home since 5pm (now 8:30pm) and I haven’t put my computer down!
Now these cookies – anything triple chocolate is a must try!
The last half marathon I ran, I could’ve sworn that I was smelling bacon in the air. It was torture and the craving stuck around for about a week. Thank goodness because if I ate any more, I’d have to run several more races to burn it off… My husband would absolutely love the chocolate x3 in these cookies! Enjoy your vacation:)
spotty wifi is the worst. . so I say, enjoy it! unplug and have fun and eat lots of these cookies in the process. . love and pinned!
I need these in my life! Like now! Pinned!
Must have these now! Look perfect!
yum. yes. yum. I’m going to need all of these.
A brownie and a cookie IN ONE? Now THAT is what dreams are made of. Must. eat. all. the. brownie. cookies.
Have fun on vacay! Pinned!