This Buffalo Chicken Dip is creamy, spicy and what dreams are made of! It’s the perfect appetizer for a party!
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a delicious and crowd-pleasing appetizer or snack when the creamy-spicy-satisfying tastebuds are calling! I had purchased hot sauce months ago and had never opened the bottle, so as I was organizing my pantry, I found it riiiight at the back. Let me tell you, it’s a rare occasion for me to have Frank’s Red Hot on hand because we are weak people when it comes to spiciness. It’s pathetic how little heat we can handle, but when it comes to a Buffalo Chicken Dip like this, we can handle a little more heat than normal because of the flavors, the cream cheese, the blue cheese and the chicken. Hot sauce on its own is brutal because we like mild everything. But hot sauce mixed with other ingredients, especially cream cheese, has a tendency to not rage it’s ugly head on our tastebuds as severely.
I made this quick and simple Buffalo Chicken Dip in a cast iron skillet with precooked, shredded chicken, onion, butter, garlic, three kinds of cheeses and some chicken broth. Easy to throw together and can be eaten right out of the pan, kept warm, or baked in a dish for a party, this will be the most popular appetizer you serve. I had tortilla chips, sweet potato chips, celery and carrot sticks to serve along side, but anything with a crunch and neutral flavor would work well too.
Be sure to grab the printable recipe below and/or save for later.
Have a great day, friends!
Warm Buffalo Chicken Dip
Creamy, spicy and simple to make, this buffalo chicken dip is what dreams are made of! Perfect party dip or appetizer.
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1/2 large onion finely diced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2-1 cup chicken broth*
- 8 oz. cream cheese cubed
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot**
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- chips crackers, celery, carrots, etc. for serving
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion for 3-4 minutes or until they start to soften. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Pour in 1/2 cup chicken broth and cream cheese. As the cream cheese starts to melt, use a whisk to stir and create a thick melted sauce.
- Pour in mozzarella cheese, hot sauce and shredded chicken. As you stir, you may notice the dip looking a little on the dry side as the chicken gets coated in the sauce. Pour in extra chicken broth as needed to loosen sauce. Add in salt and pepper as needed.
- Transfer to small baking dish or bowl, top with blue cheese and extra hot sauce if desired. Serve with chips, celery or carrot sticks as desired.
- An optional step would be to bake dip in the oven for 15 minutes at 325 degrees to keep warm and melt the blue cheese overtop. Not required, but makes for a fancy presentation.