This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats topped with soft and chewy caramel and sea salt! A salty sweet, no-bake dessert.
Guys, these Peanut Butter Rice Krispie treats are diviiiiine!!!
I love a good rice Krispie treat. For those of you who have been with me for the 9ish years I’ve been blogging, you will know that Rice Krispie treats are my weakness. In college, I would eat entire boxes of store-bought Krispie treats in 24 hours. And my mother wonders why I gained the freshman 15. Hmm…
Fast forward to now, I refuse to buy rice Krispie treats because I have no will power. Actually, I try to not buy pre-made, prepackaged treats EVER and if I am going to indulge in something sweet, I’ll make it at home from scratch. It’s just easier that way and pulling the convenience factor out of it keeps me slim.
Ok FIIINE. Somewhat slim.
Since October is basically the only time I buy caramels and have them on hand, I was looking for a new way to incorporate them into a recipe. Enter the peanut butter Rice Krispie treat idea! I was going to first make a peanut butter fudge because that stuff is freaking delicious. But because it’s so dense and sweet, I thought the lighter rice Krispies would pair better with a softer caramel. Plus, easier to make, with more texture and so chewy!
This recipe is quite simple, following the regular rice Krispie treat making method, with the addition of peanut butter and some extra marshmallows! Press that into awell-greasedd pan and cover with melted caramels and cream. Sprinkle with sea salt to really bring out that salty flavor that pairs with the sweet so well and enjoy!
Below are some photos of the process with a few close-up shots because that caramel looks so delicious up close! And as usual, the printable recipe card is found at the bottom of this post.
Have a great day, friends!
More Rice Krispie Treats to Try!
- Original Rice Krispie Treats
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Maple Bacon Rice Krispie Treats
- Egg Nog Rice Krispie Treats
- Lemon & Browned Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Cakes for Valentine’s Day
- Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookie Dough Filled Rice Krispie Eggs
- Ritz Krispie Treats
- Ruffles Marshmallow Krispie Treats
- Rocky Road Pumpkin Spice Krispie Squares
Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows divided
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 11 oz packages caramels unwrapped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add 4 cups marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Stir in Rice Krispies and remaining 2 cups of mini marshmallows until well coated. Press into a greased 9x13 pan and set aside.
- Place caramels and heavy cream into a small bowl. Microwave in 20-30 second intervals until completely melted. Pour overtop Krispie treats and spread until mostly covered. Sprinkle with sea salt and cool.
- Cut into bars using a sharp knife and serve. Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.