This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Good Wednesday, everybody! We are half way through our week of Halloween Treats and this one will not disappoint! Not only are these Rocky Road Pumpkin Spice Krispie Squares ridiculously easy to make, they give you a good way to use up some of that Halloween candy you’re bound to have lying around the house! We had some just sitting on our counter tempting me! So, I cut them up and pressed them into the tops of these Rice Krispie Squares to make another festive dessert or cute little snack.
I added in cinnamon and nutmeg to the marshmallows before I stirred in the cereal to make things taste more festive. I also added some food coloring to get a light orange color. If you wanted to skip these steps and make plain Rice Krispie Treats, then be my guest. I actually made two pans of these both ways and we like them both just the same! Actually, this was the first time I ever fed my daughter Rice Krispie Squares and she was in heaven! It was so cute to watch her crunch her way through a piece of these! She picked all the candy off first, then licked the chocolate off and then ate the rest! She was signing “more” and pointing to the counter all day! So, a big hit at my house!
Just like Monday’s post, these would make a great treat to bring to your children’s school Halloween parties, a work function or a tasty after school snack. And they only take minutes to whip up! Music to any Mom’s ears! So make sure you write down marshmallows and Rice Krispies on your grocery list this week so you can have Rocky Road Pumpkin Spice Krispie Squares on the menu, just in time for Halloween!
More Rice Krispie Treats to Try!
- Original Rice Krispie Treats
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Maple Bacon Rice Krispie Treats
- Egg Nog Rice Krispie Treats
- Lemon & Browned Butter Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Cakes for Valentine’s Day
- Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- Cookie Dough Filled Rice Krispie Eggs
- Ritz Krispie Treats
- Ruffles Marshmallow Krispie Treats
- Salted Caramel Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Halloween Rice Krispie Treats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 20 large marshmallows
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 drop red food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal
for the topping:
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup chopped Halloween candy
- Grease an 8x8 dish thoroughly and set aside.
- In large pot, melt butter and marshmallows together over medium heat. Once marshmallows have completely melted, take off the heat and stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla and rice krispie cereal. Stir to combine and pour out into prepared dish.
- Press down with lightly greased fingers and set aside to cool.
- Place chocolate chips and butter into a small bowl and microwave for 15 second increments, stirring each time. Once chocolate chips have almost melted completely, continue stirring until the chocolate is completely smooth.
- Spread an even layer of melted chocolate over top rice krispie treats. Top with chopped Halloween candy. Krispie squares are ready to be eaten one chocolate has hardened. Cut and serve.
Very colorful and tempting! I do like the idea of the orange food coloring and the spices. Those are the kinds of things that make them so Halloweeny!
Love this treat!
What a sweet treat for Halloween! Isn’t it cute how the little ones eat their treat in stages and savour every moment of it.
My daughter taught both my grand-daughters to sign before they could talk. The babies pick it up so quickly and it certainly cuts down on the frustration level for them don’t you find?
Does it ever cut down on frustration! Even though she can’t verbally communicate, she can sign and it is such a big help sometimes! I just wish I knew more so I could teach her more!