This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Lemon Rice Krispie Treats are light, crispy, sweet and buttery! Just as good or maybe better than the original Rice Krispie Treats and ready in just a few minutes. My idea of a yummy treat!
Lemon Rice Krispie Treats | Made With Browned Butter
I’m a big fan of rice Krispie treats. So much so that I used to buy the premade kind and eat a whole box of them in one sitting. Literally, eat all 8 at once. I was in college and obviously gained the freshman 15.
Thankfully my husband wasn’t THAT interested in me at the time to pay attention to my awful eating habits. #praisethelord
Then I wised up, dropped the weight and promised myself I would never ever buy the premade kind again AND if I did want some rice krispie treats, I’d make them myself. That’s what I promised myself waaay back when and I still do it to this day.
Since mon petit bebe has a sensitive stomach, I can’t really have dairy, chocolate or spicy food without him reacting in a bad way. I really wanted something chocolatey the other day and knew I couldn’t have it. WORST NIGHTMARE EVER.
But then I remembered that I like lemon a whole lot more, so I jumped aboard that train and made these little devils. Light, crispy, sweet and buttery! Just as good or maybe better than the original and ready in just a few minutes.
Main Ingredients Needed
Only 4 ingredients needed to make these Lemon Rice Krispie Treats!
- Butter- browned butter adds a toasted, almost nutty flavor!
- Lemon Extract– for that lemony flavor!
- Mini marshmallows– gooey goodness is what makes these stick together!
- Rice Krispie Cereal- for structure and the main ingredient to Rice Krispie treats!
How to Make Lemon Rice Krispie Treats|Directions
It’s super simple to throw Lemon Rice Krispies together. Melt and brown the butter, add in the mallows, lemon extract and Rice Krispies. Press into a dish and cut to serve. Easy Peasy!
Step 1: Make Rice Krispie Treats
In a small pot, melt butter over medium low heat. Continue to cook butter, swirling occasionally until golden brown, 7 minutes or so. Stir in marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in lemon extract and Rice Krispies.
Step 2: Press into Dish + Cool
Once rice krispies are coated evenly with marshmallow, pour into a greased 8×8 square dish. Press down with buttered fingers. Cool to room temperature and cut into bars.
Storing Lemon Rice Krispie Treats
Store Lemon Rice Krispie Treats at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 days. After a couple of days, they tend to get hard and dried out.
More Rice Krispie Treats to Try!
- Salted Caramel Rice Krispie Treats
- Maple Bacon Rice Krispie Treats
- Egg Nog Rice Krispie Treats
- Strawberry Rice Krispie Cakes
- Biscoff Rice Krispie Treats
- Ritz Krispie Treats
- Ruffles Marshmallow Krispie Treats
- Rocky Road Pumpkin Spice Krispie Squares
Here’s the printable recipe card! Be sure to print/pin/save/bookmark/share this recipe! It’s a yummy variation to the original Rice Krispie Treats recipe…and no I didn’t eat the entire pan of these….but it was close. Have a great day, friends! 🙂
Lemon Rice Krispie Treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups rice krispies
- In a small pot, melt butter over medium low heat. Continue to cook butter, swirling occasionally until golden brown, 7 minutes or so. Stir in marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in lemon extract and cereal.
- Once rice krispies are coated evenly with marshmallow, pour into a greased 8×8 square dish. Press down with buttered fingers. Cool to room temperature and cut into bars.