This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
This Browned Butter Alfredo Pasta recipe is a super simple, crazy flavor-packed decadent meal! Save it to your list of favorite dinners!
Recipe originally published 06/23/13; updated with a video 02/10/17. LOVE LOVE LOVE this recipe.
I made this browned butter alfredo pasta and DIED. Died of bliss and pure ecstasy. Basically this pasta is everything good and holy in the world amplified times a million….on a plate and then in my mouth. AAAAANNNNNNDDDDD!! It took 20 minutes to make with only 4 ingredients. PLUS these ingredients are almost always on hand. SNAP.
I live for brown butter and carbs.
The browned butter sauce is made just like any other alfredo sauce, except you brown the butter first, then stir in the cream and the cheese. Super easy.
(See the recipe card below for instructions on how to brown butter if you’ve never done it before! Don’t worry it’s easy and one of my favorite things to do in a lot of my recipes!)
Toss it together with a pound of pasta and voila! Dinner is done. Pair with broccoli, chicken, garlic bread or whatever else you love to have with pasta!
My husband took a bite of this and said “wow, this is pretty good!” then took another bite and said “yeah, this is REALLY good”.
Obvs. It’s really hard to mess up butter, cheese and pasta. Also, I don’t make bad food. I make good food, really good food. #my4yearoldwoulddisagree
Anyways, you’re going to want to make this immediately. Right now. Today. That is all.
Here’s the printable! Enjoy your Monday, friends.
Browned Butter Alfredo Pasta
- 1 lb. pasta any kind
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated parmesan cheese use the real stuff
- salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Salt water and start cooking pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a heavy bottomed deep skillet over medium heat. Swirl pan occasionally to brown milk solids in the butter. Once butter starts to turn a medium brown color, turn heat to low and immediately pour in cream. Pan will sizzle, but as you stir it will subside. Sprinkle in cheese and continue stirring until cheese is completely melted and sauce is smooth. Taste and add in salt and lots of pepper, as desired.
- Drain pasta once it is al dente. Pour into warm sauce and toss to coat. Serve immediately.