This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
These Layered Peppermint Bars are part sugar cookie, part peppermint brownie cream cheese mixture, and part white chocolate! Hello, beautiful delicious layers!
WOW is all I have to say about these Layered Peppermint Bars. They come together so easily and quickly because I take shortcuts with store-bought cookie dough and boxed brownie mix. YUM! I love the whole chocolate and peppermint combination so much! And the cream cheese takes it over the top! Not to mention the crushed candy canes on top are so festive 🙂
These Peppermint Bars are a crowd pleaser because they themselves are so diverse. Part cookie, part brownie with a cheesecake flare somewhere in there these bars will have everyone asking you for the recipe.
Peppermint Bar Recipe Ingredients
These wonderful layers are made up of a couple of different desserts. Let’s work from bottom to top.
Sugar Cookie – This layer can be made with either storebought or homemade sugar cookie dough. Basically, we are starting these bars off right with a sugar cookie base.
Brownie and Cream Cheese – Once again, it’s your choice, but you can make brownies using a storebought mix or homemade. It all depends on how much work you want to put into this. The brownies will be mixed with the cream cheese to make a sweet, slightly tangy mixture.
White Chocolate Chips and Peppermint Extract – With these two ingredients I made a peppermint white chocolate topping. But it’s not done without some decorative, tasty bits.
Candy Canes – Those decorative tasty bits are crushed candy canes. These top the whole dessert and really pulls together the whole theme.
This is the perfect treat for holiday parties so pin it/print it/save it! Printable recipe card below, enjoy friends!
Other peppermint desserts you might like:
Layered Peppermint Bars
- 1 tube refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 family sized box brownie mix
- 16 oz cream cheese 2 packages
- 2 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract divided
- 4 candy canes crushed
- Make brownie batter according to packaged directions. Stir in 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract. Bake and set aside.
- Spray a 9x13 rectangular pan with non-stick cooking spray and spread cookie dough along bottom to create an even layer. Bake according to packaged directions, until edges are golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Cut any harder crispy edges off the brownies. Scrape the rest of the baked brownies into a large bowl. Carefully mix cream cheese into brownies until its generally uniform in color. Scoop brownie mixture onto baked cookie dough. Smooth the top.
- Over a double boiler, melt white chocolate and the other teaspoon of peppermint extract. Spread melted chocolate over brownie. Top with crushed candy canes. Place in refrigerator until chocolate has hardened. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator up to 5 days.