Hot, cheesy, meaty, savory and delicious, this Cheesy Lasagna Dip will easily become a crowd favorite. Serve with garlic bread for ultimate flavor!
Here comes delicious! Today, I’m sharing the most delicious and satisfying appetizer I think I’ve ever posted. I never knew true love existed until I made and ate this Cheesy Lasagna Dip. Making an actual lasagna recipe is a bit of a pain (worth it when you have the time!) but lasagna dip gets you to the same flavor town in a quarter of the time and you even get to eat your garlic bread too!
I start this recipe in the oven friendly cast iron skillet. You’re making a quick meat sauce using onion, garlic, half a pound of ground beef and jarred marinara. On top of the meat sauce, you will dollop a three cheese mixture: cream cheese, parmesan, and mozzarella. Dollop that on the top and bake until that cheese gets melty and the sauce continues getting more delicious as it bubbles away in the oven. I get that it looks a little funny and not quite like lasagna, but I assure you it’s pure heaven.
Once it comes out of the oven, you can stir all that cheesy goodness into the dip to make everything creamy OR leave it as is and top the whole thing with fresh basil. It’s all the same ingredients so it comes down to personal preference whether you stir it in or leave it be. I obviously left it.
And, the best part of this recipe is enjoying this dip with that good ol’ store bought garlic bread that’s gotten toasted.
If there is food in heaven, then I’m pretty sure this would be front and center in the buffet line. Just sayin’.
A few photos of the process are below and the printable recipe card is at the bottom, as per usual 🙂 Have a great day, friends!
- 2 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 loaf garlic bread toasted and cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized cast iron skillet, saute onion in olive oil until mostly tender. Add in garlic and ground beef. Break apart beef as it browns.
- Reduce heat to low and add in marinara sauce, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Should be very thick. If you’d like it thinner, add in more marinara if you have it or a splash of water.
- For the cheese topping, stir cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper and dried parsley together until combined. Dollop on top of the red sauce and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh basil and serve with garlic bread.
- Optional step: stir the cheese mixture directly into the red sauce and bake. Top with basil and serve.