This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Hot, cheesy, meaty, savory, and delicious, this cheesy Lasagna Dip will easily become a crowd favorite. Serve with garlic bread for ultimate flavor!
Lasagna Dip | Flavor Overload
Here comes delicious! Today, I’m sharing the most delicious and satisfying appetizer I think I’ve ever posted. I never knew true love existed until I made and ate this cheesy Lasagna Dip. Making an actual lasagna recipe is a bit of a pain (worth it when you have the time!) but lasagna dip gets you to the same flavor town in a quarter of the time and you even get to eat your garlic bread too!
Main Ingredients Needed
Start out by gathering up these tasty ingredients to make Lasagna Dip!
- Olive Oil, Yellow Onion + Garlic – these three start off this recipe on a flavorful note.
- Ground Beef – I used a 93/7 blend. You could also replace this with Italian Sausage if desired.
- Marinara Sauce – I like using the brand Rao’s for marinara sauce, but feel free to use whichever jarred sauce you like best.
- Basil + Bay Leaf – two herbs to add even more savory flavor.
- Salt + Pepper – and don’t forget to season as you go!
For the Cheese Topping
- Cream Cheese – creamy tangy flavor.
- Parmesan + Mozzarella Cheese – more cheesy goodness.
- Salt + Pepper – and of course, season.
- Parsley + Basil Leaves – for flavor and used as a garnish.
How to Make Lasagna Dip
For full details on how to make Lasagna Dip, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Brown Meat + Make Red Sauce
In a medium-sized cast-iron skillet, saute onion in olive oil until mostly tender. Add in garlic and ground beef. Break apart beef as it browns. Reduce heat to low and add in marinara sauce, basil, bay leaf, salt, and pepper. Should be very thick. If you’d like it thinner, add in more marinara if you have it or a splash of water.
For the cheese topping, stir cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper, and dried parsley together until combined. Dollop on top of the red sauce.
Bake + Stir (Optional)
Bake then remove from oven, top with fresh basil and serve.
Optional step: stir the cheese mixture directly into the red sauce and bake. Top with basil and serve.
What to Serve with Lasagna Dip
I mean what doesn’t go well with cheesy lasagna dip, not much! Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
Storing Lasagna Dip
Store lasagna dip in an airtight container for up to 4 days. If you’d like to store it in the skillet, be sure to cover well with plastic wrap.
Reheat in the microwave or if it’s still in the skillet you can heat it up in the oven until heated through.
You can also freeze lasagna dip to make it in advance. Make the sauce and dollop on the cheese mixture, then let the skillet cool down completely. Cover in plastic wrap and tin foil then freeze for up to 3 months.
When you are ready, bake in the oven, right from the freezer (add about 10 minutes or more to the original bake time). I would suggest leaving the tin foil on for the majority of the baking then remove it during the last couple minutes to ensure a melty top.
More Lasagna Recipes to Try!
- Classic Lasagna Recipe
- Skillet Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Lasagna Cups
- Baked Rigatoni Pasta
- Classic Baked Ziti
- Chicken Lasagna
- White Spinach & Artichoke Lasagna
If there is food in heaven, then I’m pretty sure this Lasagna Dip would be front and center in the buffet line. Just sayin’.
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
- 2 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 6 fresh basil leaves chopped
- 1 loaf garlic bread toasted and cut into slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized cast iron skillet, saute onion in olive oil until mostly tender. Add in garlic and ground beef. Break apart beef as it browns.
- Reduce heat to low and add in marinara sauce, basil, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Should be very thick. If you’d like it thinner, add in more marinara if you have it or a splash of water.
- For the cheese topping, stir cream cheese, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, salt, pepper and dried parsley together until combined. Dollop on top of the red sauce and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with fresh basil and serve with garlic bread.
- Optional step: stir the cheese mixture directly into the red sauce and bake. Top with basil and serve.