This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
The most delicious, comforting Classic Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe! Ready in 30 minutes and perfect for chilly or sick days!
You all are wonderful human beings and I literally wish I could give each and every one of you a hug. Ok, obviously I CAN’T give every.single.one of you a hug, but this Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe is the next best thing. It’s comforting, delicious, and can fill hungry tummies. Everyone loves this delicious classic dish and it’s ready in a cinch.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
This is a classic chicken noodle soup filled with all of those classic ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Olive Oil and Butter – these are both used to saute the vegetables which brings out a bunch of flavors. Butter is used for flavor and olive oil is added for its higher smoke point.
- Onions, Carrots, and Celery – all evenly diced, these are the main nutritious additions to this simple soup.
- Chicken Stock – you can use homemade or store-bought chicken stock, basically use what you like best. 🙂
- Salt, Pepper, Dried Tarragon, and a Bay Leaf – these are the seasonings that make all the difference for such a basic soup. Tarragon is my secret ingredient that makes my version extra tasty.
- Cooked Chicken – use leftovers or rotisserie chicken to make this recipe quick!
- Egg Noodles – twirly wide noodles that soak up the broth and help deliver all the goodness to your tastebuds.
How to Make Chicken Noodle Soup
As long as you are using already cooked chicken, this chicken noodle soup recipe can be made in 30 minutes or less! But even if you have to cook up some chicken while the veggies are sauteing you are still in the quick dinner category. For full details see the recipe card down below.
In a large pot, saute onion, carrot, and celery in olive oil and butter. Cook until onion starts to soften.
Stir in chicken stock and seasonings. Bring to boil and stir in chicken and noodles. Reduce the heat and cook until noodles are tender.
Taste, adjust seasonings, remove bay leaf, and serve.
If you plan on freezing Chicken Noodle Soup I have some tips and tricks up my sleeve for you. The BIG one is to not freeze your soup with the noodles. This is because the noodles will be soggy once thawed. So just freeze the soup, veggies, and chicken then add in freshly cooked noodles when ready to serve.
Freeze. Freeze in an airtight container with about two inches of room from the broth to the top of the lid (liquid expands when frozen so you’re going to need a little wiggle room in your container). Freeze for up to 3 months.
Serve. To serve simply defrost and reheat soup base then add freshly cooked noodles!
More Chicken Soups to Try!
- Chicken Meatball & Barley Soup
- Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- Chicken Tortilla Soup in the Crock Pot
- Lemon Chicken Quinoa Soup
- Chicken Noodle Soup with Homemade Noodles
So make a pot of this Chicken Noodle Soup and know that you are appreciated and loved from me and my family. xoxo!
Printable recipe card is below!
Classic Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large onion diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrot diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery diced
- 10 cups chicken stock homemade or store bought...just use one you love
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 4 cups egg noodles such as no yolks
- In a large pot, saute onion, carrot and celery in olive oil and butter over medium heat. Cook until onion starts to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock and seasonings. Bring to boil and stir in chicken and noodles. Reduce heat to simmer and cook until noodles are tender. Taste, adjust seasonings, remove bay leaf and serve.