This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are simple yet so magical. Eat warm with a cold glass of milk and enjoy yourself! Or if you are looking for something even more simple yet amazing here is my Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are magical…
Ever since I was a teeny tiny baby, I’ve loved walnuts in my chocolate chip cookies. That’s how my grandma made them and heavens to Betsy, that is the way I will continue to make them until I’m old and gray.
My husband and children think adding nuts to chocolate chip cookies is sacrilegious, but then I remind them that I’m the one with the food blog and they pipe down real quick.
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies may be simple and perhaps underrated by a few of you folks, but fresh out of the oven, there is nothing better.
Looking for even more chocolate chip cookie recipes? Check these out! Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix, and Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Main Ingredients Needed
Gather up your cookie making ingredients plus some walnuts to start making these amazing Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Butter – for flavor and texture.
- Sugar + Brown Sugar – both are used to sweeten but brown sugar specifically helps the cookies stay soft.
- Vanilla – for flavor.
- Egg – for structure and texture.
- Flour – this fills out the rest of the cookies.
- Baking Soda + Baking Powder – these give the cookies some height.
- Salt – this balances out the sweet.
- Chocolate Chips – you can also use chocolate chunks or mini chocolate chips if desired.
- Walnuts – chopped and optionally toasted! So good!
How to Make Chocolate Walnut Cookies
These are made the regular, usual, traditional cookie method way. For full details, on how to make Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies, see the recipe card down below.
Step 1: Prep
Preheat oven. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
Step 2: Make the Dough
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and egg. Add in dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
Step 3: Bake and Cool
Scoop onto prepared baking sheets and bake until the edges are golden and the centers look barely undercooked. Remove from oven and cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet. Transfer to cooling rack and serve warm.
Storing Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days! To ensure they stay nice and soft I recommend storing them with a slice of sandwich bread.
You can make and freeze these chocolate chip walnut cookies baked or unbaked. Here are the directions for both.
If you want to bake these in advance, follow the recipe instructions listed below and cool completely. Then store in an airtight container or zip-top plastic bags and freeze.
As long as they are in an airtight container, the baked cookies should last 1-2 months in the freezer.
To reheat, simply microwave one or two cookies 10-15 seconds each until warmed and melty.
To store unbaked chocolate chip walnut cookie dough, simply scoop into cookies, place on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, and freeze.
After 3 hours, the dough should be hard enough to transfer to an airtight container or zip-top plastic bag. This cookie dough will last 1-2 months in the freezer.
To bake, simply remove your dough balls, defrost them on the counter for 30 minutes to 1 hour and bake as listed in the recipe card below.
More Chocolate Chip Cookies to Try!
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Give these cookies a try today, just in time for the weekend. You won’t be sorry!
The printable recipe card is down below 🙂
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and egg. Add in dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chunks and walnuts.
- Scoop onto prepared baking sheets and bake 8-9 minutes or until the edges are golden and the centers look barely undercooked. Remove from oven and cool 3 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack and serve warm. Or store in airtight container for up to 3 days.