This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
All the flavors you know and love from Mexican Street Corn stirred into creamy corn guacamole! An easy and show-stopping appetizer.
Mexican Street Corn Guacamole
Before I get too into the festivities of Memorial Day (as in eating all the things), I thought I would pop on to say hello, and also post this amazing recipe for Mexican Street Corn Guacamole. I’ve had a few of you asking for the recipe on Instagram, so I thought I should get this posted in case you need a quick and show-stopping appetizer for your parties and BBQs coming up this summer season.
Mexican Street Corn and Guacamole are two things I adore. Usually, Gordon and I head to a new Mexican restaurant in the city for date night every week and we never fail to order guacamole and Mexican Street Corn (and churros). You really can’t go wrong with either and I’ve posted recipes for both on my site: Mexican Street Corn, and Guacamole. So this past week when making some chicken quesadillas, I thought I’d make fancier guacamole to go with them and by golly, I liked the guacamole and chips better than the quesadillas. It was so good with all that cojita cheese on top paired with the crunchy corn and the creamy guacamole. MAN ALIVE is this the perfect food love child.
The only thing that makes this recipe take a little more time to make than the original is cooking the corn. I like to boil mine for 3 minutes and then let it cool. My mother in law wraps her corn in plastic wrap and microwaves it 1 minute per ear which is something I used to do, but since we have no microwave in our new place, we boil it (like we did with this Mexican Corn Salad! An optional step would be to throw the cooked corn on the grill to get a good char (or onto a gas stove burner), but like I said, totally optional.
Once it’s all made, cover it and store it in the refrigerator until ready to serve or eat it right away. The garlic and onion do get a little stronger as it sits, but only slightly. Serve with tacos, burritos, or as a stand-alone option with chips for a tasty appetizer.
There are a few step-by-step pictures below, along with a few more beauty shots because it was just so pretty to photograph! Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe.
Have a great day, friends!
More Guacamole Recipes!
- Rosa Mexicana Guacamole
- Southwest Guacamole Hummus
- Guacamole for a Crowd!
- Super Bowl Snack Stadium + the Best Guacamole Ever
- Buffalo Bacon Blue Cheese Guacamole
- Margarita Guacamole + Cinco De Mayo Recipes
- Grilled Guacamole
Mexican Street Corn Guacamole
- Shuck corn and remove any excess stems or hairs. Boil in salted water for 3 minutes. Remove from water and set aside to cool.
- While corn is cooking, scoop avocado out into a large bowl. Add in red onion, green chiles, garlic, cilantro and lime juice. Mash roughly with a fork.
- Cut kernels of corn off of cob. Run the back of the knife down the length of the cob to remove all the corn. Stir corn into guacamole.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with crumbled cojita cheese and chili powder. Optional cilantro and lime wedges can also be added as garnish.
- Serve with chips, or cover and store in refrigerator until ready to serve.