This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Lower Fat Muddy Buddies
If you love the original version of Muddy Buddies (or sometimes called Puppy Chow) then you will love this lower fat, lower carb, higher protein version. While I don't consider this to be a protein version of muddy buddies, I do add some collagen and powdered peanut butter to add a little extra. It certainly gives you something to snack on that is so yummy and a little healthier than the original which I LOVE.
- 8 cups rice chex cereal 240 grams
- 2 tablespoons salted butter 28 grams
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter 33 grams
- 6 tablespoons semi sweet chocolate chips 84 grams
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter I used PB Fit, 16 grams
- 2 scoops collagen I used Vital Proteins, 20 grams
- 3/4 cup sugar free powdered sugar I used swerve, 108 grams
- Measure Chex cereal into a large, gallon-size ziploc bag and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Microwave in 30 second increments, stirring frequently, until everything is completely melted and smooth. Stir in powdered peanut butter. It will be thick, so work quickly.
- Pour this mixture over the chex, seal the bag and shake to coat the cereal as evenly as possible. It will take a minute or two, but everything should become pretty sticky and look chocolatey.
- Open the bag, add in the collagen and sugar free powdered sugar, seal and shake to coat, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into a serving bowl and enjoy!
The more accurate macros for 1 serving (1/12th, 44 grams) of this recipe are as follows: 146 calories, 29.7g C/5.3g F/4.2g P.
Calories: 148kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 200mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 400IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 7mg
do you have any gluten food &Dessrts &Dinners dairy food to ?
love to know? If you do have some can send some to me