This Ramen Stir Fry is the tastiest noodle dish, ready in 20 minutes! Prepackaged ramen noodles are cooked and stir fried with tons of veggies in a homemade sweet asian sauce. So so tasty and super kid friendly.
Why I love ramen: let me count the ways!
You guys, there isn’t much I love more than creating fast dinners that my kids will devour. And my devour, I mean licking their plates clean, begging for seconds. That usually never happens at my house. But it certainly did the other night and I was mighty proud of this meal, even though it had ramen in it.
Now, I know what you’re going to say. “Ramen is so bad for you!” “I would never feed my kids that stuff!” “You’re such a bad mom for wanting your kids to eat that processed food!”
And while I agree that Ramen isn’t the healthiest option out there and yes, most of the time I’m feeding my kids unprocessed foods, I can confidently disagree with you about being a “bad mom” because…gather in close friends, I’m only saying this once…there were 3 cups of veggies stir fried right along side those ramen noodles and my kids ate it all! I’m talking carrots, celery, broccoli, green beans and more! It was a sight to behold. Mind you, Brooke and Blake did do a few veggie trades here and there (“if you give me your broccoli, I’ll give you my carrots”) but generally, there was no veggie left behind.
If we were to order a comparable dish from the Chinese takeout restaurant we know and love, there is no way we’d get this many veggies, noodles or flavor. We’ve tried them both and this recipe is waaaay better (and cheaper!)
So, this comfortably fed my family of five, though I’m not sure Eddie counts as a fully grown human with a hearty appetite. My kids did want seconds and we had none to give, so I’d say it was nearly the perfect amount. My husband did load his plate though.
I’d also like to point out that I create a sauce for this dish using some asian condiments, sesame oil and water, along with some of the flavored seasoning packets that come with the ramen. Not all of them but some. These ingredients create a light, slightly sweet and flavorful sauce that pairs really well with the noodles and veggies. We obviously didn’t hate it.
So if you are into a super fast dinner that is made with $0.27 ramen noodles but packed with veggies, then this is the recipe for you! Scroll down to get my full printable recipe, and pin and share as you like! This is a good one you’re going to want to make again and again.
Ramen Stir Fry
Yield 3-4 servings
Prepackaged ramen noodles cooked and stir fried with tons of veggies in a homemade sweet asian sauce. The tastiest noodles ready in 20 minutes!
- 3-3 oz. packs Ramen noodles, chicken flavor*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 2-3 cups chopped fresh veggies, such as asparagus, green beans, carrot, broccoli, celery, snow peas, etc..
- 2 chicken flavor packets (from the packages of ramen above)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup Mr. Yoshida sauce
- Bring large pot of water to boil and cook ramen noodles plain until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Cook onion for 1-2 minutes or until it starts to brown lightly and become translucent. Add in the remaining veggies and stir fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- Toss cooked ramen into the hot pan and toss with veggies. Sprinkle the chicken flavor packets over top of the noodles and add in the remaining wet ingredients. Toss together to coat noodles and veggies in sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve hot.
Have a great day, friends!