This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Make your mouth water with these low carb, healthy Chicken Lettuce Wraps! These are full of fresh veggies and ground chicken, drizzled with a savory sweet sauce, and wrapped in fresh, crunchy lettuce. Be sure to also check out my Asian Lettuce Wraps and Taco Lettuce Wraps.
Making Wraps is Easy
From start to finish, these chicken wraps are ready in less than 30 minutes! Turning your lettuce into a tasty wrap is the way to go! Ground chicken is cooked up with onion and garlic, along with zucchini and carrots. The star of the show here is the sauce! Made with soy sauce, sesame oil and honey, it really brings the flavor! Lastly, garnish with cashews, bean sprouts and cilantro, fill a fresh lettuce leaf and dig in! Dinner is ready!
Tips for Making Chicken Wraps
- Add Different Veggies – If you want to add different or more veggies, go for it! Consider adding mushrooms, green onions, or celery. Add whatever veggies you enjoy.
- Spice It Up – If you like spicy food, consider adding crushed red pepper flakes to the filling mixture. As the recipe is written, it is mild.
- Choose The Right Lettuce – You want to pick a lettuce that will work well as a wrap. Butter lettuce, Bibb lettuce or Romaine all work great and hold up well when filled and folded.
How to Make Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lettuce is so much more fun to eat in wrap form! This can be an appetizer or a meal and comes together in less than 30 minutes. For full recipe details see the printable recipe card down below.
Preheat Skillet + Prep Veggies
Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Wash and slice zucchini and onion. Grate carrots and garlic. Set aside.
Begin by Cooking Onions + Garlic
To the skillet, add in olive oil, onions and garlic. Cook until softened, 3 minutes.
Add Ground Chicken, Zucchini + Carrot
Add in ground chicken, zucchini, carrot, salt and pepper. As the chicken cooks and browns, break it apart into crumbles.
Make the Sauce
While the meat is cooking, stir all ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl.
Pour Sauce over Skillet Mixture
Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, pour in sauce and cover to simmer 5-7 minutes.
Add Sprouts, Scallions, Cashews, Cilantro + Serve
Right before serving, stir in bean sprouts, scallions, cashews and cilantro. Scoop into butter lettuce and serve.
Can I Make these Ahead?
Yes! You can make the filling a couple days before and store in the fridge until ready to use. Technically, you’d be fine up to 5 days ahead, but I like to use the filling while the veggies are still crunchy.
How to Store Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Store any leftover filling or lettuce separately and in airtight containers in the fridge. Leftovers should be fresh for up to 4-5 days.
Love Chicken Wraps? Check Out These Other Wraps!
- Crispy Chicken Wraps
- Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Asian Lettuce Wraps
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Southwest Sausage Quinoa Lettuce Wraps
- Hummus Veggie Wrap
There you have it, a fabulously light meal that is simple enough to throw together tonight.
Hope you add it to your repertoire soon! Have a great day, friends!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
for the sauce-
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 3 scallions chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews toasted
- cilantro for garnish
- Butter lettuce leaves for serving
- Preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add in olive oil, onions and garlic. Cook until softened, 3 minutes. Add in ground chicken, zucchini, carrot, salt and pepper. As the meat cooks, break it apart into crumbles.
- While the meat is cooking, stir all ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl.
- Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, pour in sauce and cover to simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Right before serving, stir in bean sprouts, scallions, cashews and cilantro. Scoop into butter lettuce cups and serve.