This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Macro Friendly Turkey Lettuce Wraps
I love all the goodies in these lettuce wraps: bamboo shoots, sugar snap peas, cilantro, turkey, sesame oil and more, all wrapped up in a cup of butter lettuce (and rice if you feel like it!) I do like my wraps slightly sweeter than most, so just be aware that this does have a little sweet kick. Yum!
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound ground turkey I used 99% fat free
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 can bamboo shoots, drained and chopped 142 grams total
- 1 cup sugar snap peas sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons truvia
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 head butter lettuce leaves carefully pulled off the head and washed
- 12" nonstick skillet
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and preheat over medium high heat. Add in onion and ground turkey. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. As meat cooks, break apart with spatula.
- Once meat is fully cooked, add in garlic, ginger, bamboo shoots and sugar snap peas. Cook 2 minutes until it becomes fragrant. Stir in soy sauce, oyster sauce, truvia and sesame oil. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Finish meat with green onion and cilantro. Divide into 4 equal portions and serve with lettuce leaves. Rice is optional.
The more accurate macros for 1 serving (1/4th) of this recipe are as follows: 257 calories, 8.4g F/20g C/30.7g P. Calculate macros for rice separately.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1124mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1781IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3mg