This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast is the perfect combination for a delicious breakfast! Based on my basic french toast recipe, this is kicked up a few delicious notches by using Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. Sweet, crunchy and cinnamony on the outside…warm and smooth on the inside. It’s particularly amazing with a little extra butter and warm syrup or my homemade Cinnamon Roll Syrup. Mmm…
But First, what is French toast?
French Toast is a super easy and versatile sweet (and sometimes savory) breakfast food. It is made from soaking bread in an egg-milk mixture then frying in a hot pan with butter.
This recipe is a variation made with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal. I’ll be showing you how to make French Toast using this variation.
How to Make Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast
Grab some older, dryer bread and let’s do this! I found this yummy loaf of ciabatta bread from a local bakery. SO good! Regular sandwich bread or challah bread would be good too. For full recipe details, see the printable recipe card down below.
Crush Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
Place cereal into a large plastic food storage bag. Crush cereal with a rolling pin into fine crumbs. Pour onto a plate and set aside.
Make Egg Mixture
In a large shallow dish, crack eggs and whisk together with milk. Dip one slice of bread into egg mixture, flip it over and coat both sides. Then coat both sides the best you can in cereal crumbs.
Cook until Golden Brown + Serve
In a large frying pan or skillet, cook over medium heat in 1 teaspoon butter until browned on either side. Remove from pan and serve with more butter and warm maple syrup.
What to Serve with French Toast
Since this is a sweet breakfast, here are a few savory breakfast options that would be delicious to serve with this Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast:
- Pan Fried Potatoes
- Oven Bacon (the easiest way to make bacon!)
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- Egg Muffins
- Bacon & Egg Cups
French Toast can last up to four days stored in the fridge in an airtight container. If you aren’t going to eat those leftovers within those four days I recommend freezing them!
Or it can be stored in the freezer for about three months for an easy make-ahead breakfast. Perfect for those busy mornings!
Simply reheat in the microwave 30 seconds or until hot.
More French Toast Recipes to Love!
- French Toast Pigs in a Blanket
- How to Make French Toast
- Lemon Cream French Toast
- Caramelized Banana & Cream Cheese Filled French Toast
- Brioche French Toast
- Perfect French Toast Casserole
Give these a whirl for breakfast real soon! You won’t be sorry. Have great day, friends! 🙂
Cinnamon Toast Crunch French Toast
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 5 slices day-old bread any kind you have on hand
- butter for frying + more for smearing
- maple syrup
- Place cereal into a large plastic food storage bag. Crush cereal with a rolling pin into fine crumbs. Pour onto a plate and set aside.
- In a large shallow dish, crack eggs and whisk together with milk. Dip one slice of bread into egg mixture and then coat in cereal crumbs.
- Cook over medium heat in 1 teaspoon butter until browned on either side. Remove from pan and serve with more butter and warm maple syrup.