This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Garlic butter, artichoke hearts, cheese, and black and green olives are a delicious flavor combination on this homemade Mediterranean Pizza. Super similar flavors to my Greek Salad!
Mediterranean Pizza | A New Favorite
Let me tell you guys, mediterranean pizza is my new favorite! Oh man, did this smell amazing coming out of my oven.
Is it just me, or can you eat anything on top of a pizza? I am totally in love with pizza. I’ve made lots of pizzas in my relatively short life span but never a Mediterranean style pizza. Well, one afternoon the stars aligned and I miraculously had all the ingredients I could possibly think of to put on top of this bad boy. And lo, the Mediterranean pizza was born.
Main Ingredients Needed
- Pizza Dough – I highly recommend using my pizza dough recipe but you can always use the store-bought stuff too!
- Butter + Garlic – I didn’t mess around with pizza sauce or marinara on the bottom. I’m a rebel that way. I used straight-up garlic butter.
- Mozzarella Cheese – let’s face it: pizza isn’t pizza without a nice layer of cheese. Am I right or am I right?
- Black + Green Olives – I used both for similar but different flavors!
- Artichoke – artichoke hearts are so good, and perfect for this type of pizza.
- Tomatoes + Green Onions – for a cold and spicy contrast to the hot and buttery pizza.
Of course, feel free to customize this Mediterranean Pizza recipe to suit your liking! Here are a couple of ideas:
- Red Onions
- Feta Cheese
- Sun-Dried Tomatoes
How to Make Mediterranean Pizza
For full details on how to make Mediterranean Pizza, see the recipe card down below 🙂
Step 1: Preheat Oven and Pizza Stone
Preheat oven. Place pizza stone inside to heat up with the oven. If you don’t have a pizza stone, use an upside-down cookie sheet.
Step 2: Prepare Mediterranean Pizza
Spread pizza out into a 12-inch circle or a free form rectangle on parchment paper. Melt butter in the microwave and stir in minced garlic. Spread garlic butter over pizza dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with green and black olives as well as the artichoke hearts.
Step 3: Bake!
Using the parchment paper to transfer the pizza, place it onto the hot pizza stone. Bake until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Top with diced tomatoes and onions. Cut and serve.
Need Some Protein?
This Mediterranean Pizza is a vegetarian recipe but if you are looking to add some protein to the mix, consider adding grilled chicken or maybe even some shredded lamb.
Related Recipes to Try!
Umm, holy amazing batman. I ate 4 pieces of this pizza with no shame. You know you’d eat that many too.
So, make some pizza dough, pick up some olives and get crackin’!
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy 🙂
- 1/2 recipe Fail-Proof Pizza Dough use the other half for Cheesy Garlic Bread!
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup green olives I used Lindsay’s
- 1/2 cup black olives I used Lindsay’s
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts
- 1 large tomato diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Place pizza stone inside to heat up with the oven. If you don’t have a pizza stone, use an upside down cookie sheet.
- Spread pizza out into a 12 inch circle or a free form rectangle on parchment paper. Melt butter in microwave and stir in minced garlic. Spread garlic butter over pizza dough. Sprinkle with cheese. Top with green and black olives as well as the artichoke hearts.
- Using the parchment paper to transfer the pizza, place onto hot pizza stone. Bake 8-12 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbly. Top with diced tomatoes and onions. Cut and serve.