This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
No Bake Cheesecake has never been so easy or delicious! A silky smooth cream cheese filling surrounded by a buttery graham cracker crust. Enjoy plain or with any desired toppings with no oven required. The perfect summer dessert.
No Bake Cheesecake | The Easiest Dessert on the Planet
Are you craving cheesecake but don’t feel like turning on your oven? Here is your solution, folks: a delightfully light and creamy No Bake Cheesecake recipe that will blow your mind. It’s so easy, so delicious and turns out perfectly every.single.time.
A simple graham cracker crust is pressed into a pie plate and then filled with a thick cream cheese and whipped cream filling. Top it with any topping and enjoy!
But First, What is No Bake Cheesecake?
Just as the name suggests, a no bake cheesecake doesn’t require any baking whatsoever. It’s the perfect dessert for hot weather, if you need a quick treat for a crowd or if you don’t want to take the time to make a traditional New York Style Cheesecake.
The graham cracker crust nor the filling requires any baking which means there are no eggs in this recipe and there is no extended baking or cooling times required. A no bake cheesecake is truly the fail-proof way to make cheesecake. No cracking, no baking, no water bath, no worries!
Basic Ingredients Needed
Just like my Classic Cheesecake recipe, you’ll only need SIX basic ingredients for this. Nothing new on this list. Very obvious items.
- Graham Cracker Crumbs– this makes up the crust.
- Melted Butter– stirred together with the graham cracker crumbs to form the crust.
- Cream Cheese– I prefer Philadelphia brand because I think its a little more tangy than the other no-name brands out there. Be sure this is at room temperature to avoid lumps.
- Granulated Sugar– sweetens the whole cheesecake!
- Heavy Cream– when you whip the heavy cream into the cream cheese, you get a super thick and fluffy filling that holds its shape after refrigeration. It’s like magic!
- Vanilla Extract– added for flavor!
How to Make No Bake Cheesecake | Directions
There are only a few steps and a little fridge time standing in between you and this no bake cheesecake recipe! As easy as can be!
- Make the crust. Stir melted butter together with graham cracker crumbs and a touch of sugar. Be sure every crumb is coated in butter to have a crust that sticks together. Press into a pie pan and refrigerate.
- Make the filling. In a stand mixer, stir room temperature cream cheese together with granulated sugar and a touch of vanilla. Slowly incorporate the cold heavy cream into the cream cheese filling being sure to scrape the sides after each addition. Once all the whipped cream has been added, whip the filling for 30-60 seconds or until very thick and it holds its shape easily. Be sure to not over beat! If you beat it too long, it will go from thick back to thin and won’t set.
- Pour filling into crust. Spread that thick and creamy filling into the chilled crust, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for several hours (or up to a few days).
- Serve with any desired toppings. From canned cherry or blueberry filling to fresh fruit or chocolate sauce, the sky is the limit!
Of course this cheesecake is delicious as in with no toppings whatsoever, though I am a little partial to a little lemon curd.
My Filling Isn’t Thickening. Now What?
If you are familiar with no bake cheesecake, you may know that getting a thick and luscious filling can seem harder than all us online folks make it look. It’s not hard, you just need to know how to make your filling properly.
Be sure to use room temperature cream cheese and blend with sugar and vanilla to get a smooth base to mix the whipped cream into. Next, using COLD heavy whipped cream, slowly incorporate it by thirds into the cream cheese mixture, letting it mix in completely and scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Once all the whipped cream has been incorporated, you want to whip it until its thick enough to hold its shape, completely smooth and creamy. You’re essentially whipping the cream within the cream cheese mixture.
Like I mentioned above, over mixing can turn your thick filling into soup. So once it’s thick, turn the mixer off and spoon it into your crust.
Also, using cold heavy whipping cream is important and helps thicken the filling. (Heavy whipping cream has a higher fat content than just whipping cream, so be sure to find the containers that say “heavy whipping cream” for ultimate success.)
Crowd-Pleasing Cheesecake Toppings
Since this is a very basic, beautiful and delicious cheesecake recipe, try to find delicious toppings that will help enhance the flavor. Here are a few classic ideas:
- cherry pie filling (what most no-bake cheesecakes call for)
- fresh strawberries or raspberries
- strawberry or raspberry sauce
- chocolate shavings
- chocolate sauce
- whipped cream
- lemon curd
- chocolate ganache
- salted caramel sauce
This recipe is certainly one of my favorites and I know you are sure to love this easy no bake cheesecake too 🙂 With summer quickly approaching, be sure to bookmark, pin, save or print this recipe so you don’t lose it. It’s another great one to add to your repertoire! Enjoy, friends.
More Cheesecake Recipes You Will Love:
- Classic Cheesecake Recipe (seriously the best recipe that doesn’t crack everrrr!)
- Nutella New York-Style Cheesecake
- Caramel Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Lemon Meringue Cheesecake
- Fail-Proof Vanilla Bean Cheesecakes
- Lemon Cheesecake Creme Brulee Bars
No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- In a small bowl, stir graham cracker crumbs and melted butter together to moisten. Press into an 8 or 9-inch glass pie plate and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth and well combined. Scrape the sides and mix again to ensure there are no lumps. Stir in vanilla.
- With the mixer on, add cream in four increments, letting it whip into the cream cheese after each addition. Whip 1 minute until thick and light. Scrape the sides to ensure even mixing and whip again if needed.
- Pour into prepared pie shell and smooth the top. Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight, covered in plastic wrap.
- To serve, cut into pieces and top with two tablespoons of pie filling (or whipped cream) if desired.