This post may contain affiliate sales links. Please read my disclosure policy.
Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes | Valentine’s Day!
Remember over Halloween when I made a similar version to these little babies? Well, here is the Valentine’s Day version, Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes! Just as simple and quite possibly more delicious. I used the double chocolate Oreos for the base and simply added a touch of cocoa powder and red food coloring to the cheesecake batter. Simple enough, right? Then you bake and top with Nutella! These are tasty little devils!
Love Mini Cheesecakes? Check out these other recipes: Brownie Batter Cheesecakes, Mini White Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Tarts, Pomegranate Cheesecake Cups, Mini Turtle Cheesecakes, Mini Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecakes, Mini Tie Dye Cheesecakes, and Cookie Dough Cheesecakes.
Main Ingredients Needed
You only need 8 simple ingredients to make these cute Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes (and I bet you have most of them already)! Here’s what you need:
- Double Chocolate Oreos – Valentine’s Day is all about the chocolate right? Feel free to use normal Oreos if you can’t find the chocolatey ones.
- Cream Cheese – tangy creamy goodness.
- Sugar – to sweeten.
- Cocoa Powder + Vanilla – for chocolate and vanilla flavor.
- Egg – for structure.
- Food Coloring – to color the cheesecakes! Try to find a food coloring that has little to no flavor for best results.
- Nutella – this is heated up and spread over the cheesecakes, feel free to drizzle this on too! Or if you are looking for a nut-free option just melt some chocolate chips.
How to Make Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
For more details on how to make these mini red velvet cheesecakes, see the recipe card down below 🙂
1. Preheat Oven and Prep
Preheat oven. Line cupcake pans with paper liners and place 1 oreo in the bottom. Set aside.
2. Make Batter and Bake
In a large bowl, whip cream cheese, and sugar together until combined. Stir in cocoa, vanilla, egg, and red food coloring until smooth and desired color. Spoon batter over Oreos so cups are filled 2/3 way full approximately.
Bake until set completely. Cool to room temperature and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
For serving, remove the paper cupcake liner and place it on a platter. Microwave Nutella in a heat-proof bowl to thin out and make it more spreadable. Spoon over cheesecakes and spread to cover the top completely.
More Red Velvet Recipes to Try!
Seriously, make these Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes this Valentine’s Day for your special someone!
The printable recipe card is down below, enjoy!
Mini Red Velvet Cheesecakes
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners and place 1 oreo in the bottom. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar together until combined. Stir in cocoa, vanilla, egg and red food coloring until smooth and desired color. Spoon batter over oreos so cups are filled 2/3 way full approximately.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set completely. Cool to room temperature and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For serving, remove paper cupcake liner and place on platter. Microwave nutella in heat-proof bowl to thin out and make more spreadable. Spoon over cheesecakes and spread to cover the top completely.