I make too many sweets and am addicted to sugar…..hence another Valentine’s Day recipe! I think Valentine’s Day is coming dangerously close to my favorite holiday because it is directly linked in my head to chocolate. So, be warned! Enter with caution.
Remember over Halloween when I made a similar version to these little babies? Well, here is the Valentine’s Day version. Just as simple and quite possibly more delicious. I used the double chocolate oreos for the base and simply added a touch of cocoa powder and red food coloring to the cheesecake batter. Simple enough, right? Then you bake and top with nutella! These are tasty little devils!
And, I was feeling ambitious on the day I made these, so here are a bunch of photos documenting the process! Seriously so easy!
Nutella Topped Red Velvet Oreo Cheesecakes
You won"t believe how simple and fast Nutella topped red velvet Oreo cheesecakes are to make. Their delicious and decadent taste won't give it away.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners and place 1 oreo in the bottom. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whip cream cheese and sugar together until combined. Stir in cocoa, vanilla, egg and red food coloring until smooth and desired color. Spoon batter over oreos so cups are filled 2/3 way full approximately.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until set completely. Cool to room temperature and place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- For serving, remove paper cupcake liner and place on platter. Microwave nutella in heat-proof bowl to thin out and make more spreadable. Spoon over cheesecakes and spread to cover the top completely.